For all these son of a bit**
If you had read the whole post you would realize those questions were just examples from the site i administrate. The site i admin on is a MLP forum so naturally those questions are all easy as fuck to answer. For this site you would use something related to minecraft like how many sticks are needed to make a fence or something.
Thanks given by:
I think these spammers registered their accounts through humans and then handed the accounts down to bots for the actual spamming. So it doesn't really matter what kind of human protection you use, because humans will be cracking it first.

Some additional measures could help, but that's gonna hurt the regulars. For example:
- if you start a third thread within 20 minutes, you'll be required to answer another riddle
- if you haven't posted at least 5 posts, you'll be required to answer a riddle before posting

I don't think putting any of these into practice would be worth it. Within the year and half that I've been here, there have been only two or three such spamttacks, I think we could handle those. But newcomers would be really annoyed and would probably go away.
Thanks given by: