Gallery
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu , NiLSPACE , Antonio , tonibm19 , Kozchu
What about the structures server ?Tongue
Thanks given by:
How did you init the handlers in the Info.lua? I'm now working on another plugin but I have to use dofile(PLUGIN:GetLocalFolder() .. "/Info.lua") first and then use the RegisterPluginInfoCommands() function.
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking about it now. There are multiple options:
- I could run it at home, probably on my RasPi. I've got some 1/2 MBit/s upload, that should be more than enough to handle a few players.
- I could run it on my webhosting VPS, xoft.cz. I'd need to pay a bit more money for a public IPv4 address, though, and check with the company providing the webhosting that it'd actually work. I like this option the most because the world could be made available to the public easily through the web.
- I have a friend who runs several vanilla and bukkit servers, he once offered to host a MCServer server (he's the same guy who promised to ask his server's players to help us with the structures).
- or we can host the server on someone's host1free VPS. I don't like using a free service for that, though, because they could decide at any time to shut us down without us ever seeing our data again.

Also I'd like to have access to the server, so that I can update the plugins and manipulate the server; it's unlikely that anyone would give me such access for prolonged periods of time if it was a server they owned and had other stuff going on there.

Last but not least, the Gallery plugin is still not mature enough to be put into real-world use. I'd like to see a few features implemented before that - mainly protection against malicious players. There needs to be a limit to how many areas (per day / total) a player can claim. I'd like to have the area forking working, too. And admins should be able to remove areas that have been claimed by malicious players, such as people building nonsense or even offensive stuff.

(01-12-2014, 12:59 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: How did you init the handlers in the Info.lua? I'm now working on another plugin but I have to use dofile(PLUGIN:GetLocalFolder() .. "/Info.lua") first and then use the RegisterPluginInfoCommands() function.

I'm doing the registration in the Initialize() function; so that I know that all the Lua files inside the plugin folder have already been loaded and the globals are available.
Thanks given by:
I can run it for free on my VPS (not a free one). (Also, you don't need another IPv4 on your VPS, why would you?)
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2014, 01:14 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Should I put this in the Plugin Description thread?

Please do, and include a link to full code. Maybe there is something that I missed with the Info.lua file.

(01-12-2014, 01:33 AM)bearbin Wrote: I can run it for free on my VPS (not a free one). (Also, you don't need another IPv4 on your VPS, why would you?)

That's the problem - it's *your* VPS, will you give me permanent SSH access to it?

I need a public IPv4 address, currently the VPS has only a private one, NATed. It seems to have a public IPv6, though.
Thanks given by:
Actually I cant run it on my free host1free vps because I host a private server but maybe one could claim one.
I'm not anyone to propose other's server, but maybe we could, if tigerw agrees of course, host it on his free vps, that it's a public MCS server already.
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2014, 01:36 AM)xoft Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 01:33 AM)bearbin Wrote: I can run it for free on my VPS (not a free one). (Also, you don't need another IPv4 on your VPS, why would you?)

That's the problem - it's *your* VPS, will you give me permanent SSH access to it?

I need a public IPv4 address, currently the VPS has only a private one, NATed. It seems to have a public IPv6, though.

I guess I could.
Thanks given by:
I have just ordered a faster internet connection to home, will have 12 MBit/s upload, then we can definitely use my RasPi as the server Smile
I also sent an inquiry to the webhosting company, asking them about the IPv4 address, if that would work. I still consider that the best scenario, if it works out.
Thanks given by:
12mbs upload? :0
In my village we have 1mbs of upload.
Thanks given by: