Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I most certainly hope so, although I don't have much say in it. When the boss decides he has time to do the paperwork required to sell old company computers, then I can upgrade. Also, @STR_Warrior uses VS2008, too, so we'll need to wait for him to upgrade, too Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm using windows xp still in my second computer, will I be able to compile MCS with gcc?
Thanks given by:
You could either use the precompiled binaries, which will still be compatible with WinXP, or compile yourself using MinGW.
Thanks given by:
As far as I know @STR_Warrior has VS2013, he just prefers VS2008. SO its just a matter of giving him reasons to use the new one.
Thanks given by:
I used to have VS2012 and I hated it, but VS2013 was a huge improvement. I have no problem in using VS2013 over VS2008.
Thanks given by:
Yay! :DD
Thanks given by:
After spending a bit of time on tonibm19's survival server, I have to say that MCS is currently incapable of providing any real survival gameplay experience. There's an issue with hunger, which seems to sometimes grow one drumstick per block walked. There's an issue with mob AI mostly missing. There's an issue with mobs making no noises and thus sneaking up on players, creepy little bummers. There's an issue with mobs teleporting randomly as the AI changes direction. There's an issue with being unable to reload permissions, the server has to be restarted if a player gets or loses a permission.

Unfortunately we don't have the resources to fix most of these soon enough. We're still fighting with the basics on keeping the multithreaded server deadlock-free and still running and not crashing every now and then.
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2014, 08:58 PM)xoft Wrote: Unfortunately we don't have the resources to fix most of these soon enough. We're still fighting with the basics on keeping the multithreaded server deadlock-free and still running and not crashing every now and then.
Then let's provide core dumpsBig Grin. I'm uploading now the player join/left crash.
I will post the link in the github issue.
EDIT: Done
Thanks given by:
Linux ftw! So much faster Smile
Thanks given by:
I've pushed a huge change to the sources with (hopefully) minimal functional changes. I've written a small script that checks for some common violations of our coding style, and then tried fixing some of the errors it reported. There are still 400 more issues reported, I'll get those sorted out eventually.

I'd like everyone to try it out, especially before committing changes, have the script report the issues for you, so that you can fix them before you even commit, and I won't have to put a hunder "spaces here" comments on your code Smile

The script requires LuaFileSystem in order to run properly, so you'll most probably need to install something like LuaRocks in order to get it to work.
Thanks given by: