New minecraft version. (1.15)
Weird ;O Ah well. It's called a snapshot for a reason Wink
Thanks given by:
They are really trying to get more fps in 1.8. Look what TheMogMiner managed to do:
[Image: h05BQfj.png]

He later twittered this:
TheMogMiner Wrote:I'd been getting ~120-130 before the culling changes, now ~300-400 when looking at a large scene, and ~1000-1200 looking at ground.
Thanks given by:
Quote:https://twitter.com/SeargeDP/status/487681184852606977

The default F3 screen is the same as always. Players can turn on reduced mode in the options. Custom maps can override and force reduced.

I don't particularly like the idea of forcing settings on clients.

That's why we all need... HACKED CLIENTS :D

I wonder if, after all these speed improvements, we will actually be much faster than vanilla.
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2014, 07:47 AM)tigerw Wrote: I wonder if, after all these speed improvements, we will actually be much faster than vanilla.
I tried vanilla for 1.8 snapshot and its the same shit than before. Even bukkit (in java) runs much faster, and if we compare with MCServer...
Thanks given by:
32 Chunks view-distanz!
https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/491615857400086528
[Image: nfG3EPk.png]
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's insane. MCServer should be reasonably able to handle it though. (Is there a limit on the max VD, if so we should remove it?)
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2014, 11:48 PM)bearbin Wrote: Wow, that's insane. MCServer should be reasonably able to handle it though. (Is there a limit on the max VD, if so we should remove it?)
I would remove all limits, minimum view distance too.
Thanks given by:
There is no upper limit to the view distance, if you set it to 100, the server will happily oblige by filling all the RAM and crashing Smile

The minimum view distance is a limit from older clients, they were quite unhappy when the player got too close to an unloaded chunk, and caused various failures. We might be able to remove that limit, with reasonably new clients.
Thanks given by:
(07-24-2014, 03:02 AM)xoft Wrote: There is no upper limit to the view distance, if you set it to 100, the server will happily oblige by filling all the RAM and crashing Smile
I´ll test this!
How can I Set it to 100?
Thanks given by:
(07-24-2014, 03:37 AM)LO1ZB Wrote: How can I Set it to 100?
Just set DefaultViewDistance to 100 in settings.ini
(I guess)
Thanks given by: