Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Today I delivered several gifts concerning world generation Smile
First, voronoi biomes. Finally the biomes aren't just squares or nonexistent. It could be better, but hey, it's a start. Now they're polygons.
Second, we got snow and ice finishers. So you'll actually know when you're in a cold biome Smile

Now the generated maps look somewhat like this:
[Image: voronoi_finishers.png]
Thanks given by:
what is that grey right at the bottom
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what grey you're talking about. The only grey I see is on the bottom right and also a bit in top-left corner, and it's missing chunks (not generated yet). That's the standard way that Minutor (the tool used for viewing that map) works.
Thanks given by:
(05-28-2012, 03:52 AM)xoft Wrote: Today I delivered several gifts concerning world generation Smile
First, voronoi biomes. Finally the biomes aren't just squares or nonexistent. It could be better, but hey, it's a start. Now they're polygons.
Second, we got snow and ice finishers. So you'll actually know when you're in a cold biome Smile

Now the generated maps look somewhat like this:
[Image: voronoi_finishers.png]

Very nice! Kudos to youTongue
Thanks given by:
Who would've thought that implementing farming is sooo difficult?
1, Create farmland blocks when rightclicking dirt / grass with a hoe
2, Update farmland blocks - hydrate when near water, dehydrate and revert to dirt if not near water
3, Allow planting seeds on top of farmland blocks only
4, Update plant blocks - grow them till meta 7
5, For pumpkin and melon stems, check neighbors before growing produce, then check if a suitable block is below the neighbor, and only then place the produce
6, Harvest produce from farmed blocks

So far I have #4 and #5 implemented, though not tested, because I need #1 - #3 for testingTongue
Thanks given by:
Is it that hard?
Thanks given by:
It is, but it will be done! Smile
Thanks given by:
Tau so you're working on it???
Thanks given by:
Yes I am.
Thanks given by:
Yay finaly i can play survival againBig Grin
Thanks given by: