Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Quote:using damage values in the recipes.
Am I right: this will allow me to set up recepies so I'll get damaged tools/armor when I craft it? (for some weird reason I want this feature, more than that - I want it to be controllable through plugin!)
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2012, 05:51 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote:
Quote:using damage values in the recipes.
Am I right: this will allow me to set up recepies so I'll get damaged tools/armor when I craft it? (for some weird reason I want this feature, more than that - I want it to be controllable through plugin!)

Yes, I think you're right. Don't know about the plugin part though, it will require another callback to the plugins I think.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2012, 05:51 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote: Am I right: this will allow me to set up recepies so I'll get damaged tools/armor when I craft it? (for some weird reason I want this feature, more than that - I want it to be controllable through plugin!)

You could set the recipes up so that they'll give you damaged things. But this is more for the colored wool, planks etc., where the damage value specifies some additional data to the block (wool's color, planks' original wood type, ...)
I really need to investigate how to make callbacks into plugins, so that I can add them, tooTongue
Thanks given by:
Quote:I really need to investigate how to make callbacks into plugins, so that I can add them, too
Yessss!) I gonna need a lot of 'emBig Grin

Oh! I'm back to ChunkWorx, it needs some interface rework (got an awesome idea how to simplify it!) and, probably, new features Smile
Thanks given by:
We'll definitely need the crafting callback, since I think the best place to implement tools / weapons / armor repairing is via a plugin. So the callback will get the crafting grid and provide the output. If no plugin handles this callback, the built-in recipes kick in.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2012, 06:21 AM)xoft Wrote: So the callback will get the crafting grid and provide the output. If no plugin handles this callback, the built-in recipes kick in.
That would be so handy!
Thanks given by:
I'm finishing up the new crafting recipes, so far it looks great. I tried writing some recipes in the new grammar and I haven't found a single problematic one - all the recipes went down smoothly, and they are sooo clear to read.
I'll commit the new recipes engine after testing it for a while longer.
It still doesn't have the crafting callback, but hey, one thing at a time Smile
Thanks given by:
Recipes are now done. I'd like to have a look at the code that processes mined blocks into dropped items. I believe there's some refactoring possible, which would allow a fine-grained control on what drops what, when, and customizable by plugins.
Thanks given by:
Well, I'm trying to write land ownership plugin Smile
Very self-tailored one, though - this one should force "heroes of might and magic" playstyle ;D

Hierarchical sitizenship structure (lord > assist > architect > sitizen > guest), hierarchical regions structure (big "city" region and private/common sub-regions), regions bonuses (spawning creatures, gathering resources)
Thanks given by:
I've done what I've been waiting for some time - grass now spreads to adjacent blocks (though it doesn't check the destination light, yet). Finally there's some "life" in the world Smile
Thanks given by: