Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Very interesting article. Looks promising for GPUs pre finishers although vertex shaders might do finishers.
Thanks given by:
worktycho, wait till I get to the 3D parts and the speedup techniques already employed Smile
Thanks given by:
That crash seems to be some sort of deadlock. What were you doing at the time?
Thanks given by:
Well I've got a 55 line code sample that segfaults despite not actually doing anything. I'm wondering about putting it up but it is big.
Thanks given by:
Must be doing something, unless your computer is getting a particularly large dose of cosmic rays messing up your pointers?
Thanks given by:
Looking at the assembly its segfaulting on a stack spill prior to a function call. The function being called constructs a object and returns it.

Note that the segfault disappears if I remove any members from an object created prior to the function that the return value is stored in.

Okay if I don't assign the return values it segfaults but if I remove the object if stops faulting.
Thanks given by:
Me being stupid. The object in question was 8MB. Heap allocationing it fixed it.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 06:23 AM)tigerw Wrote: That crash seems to be some sort of deadlock. What were you doing at the time?
Writting signs and saving the world.
Thanks given by:
Dear children, be sure to BRUSH YOUR TEETH and GO TO YOUR DENTIST REGULARLY or else you'll be like uncle xoft - spending the night sleepless because of all the toothaches, looking for a dentist online because the damn tooth won't let you sleep.

OW Sad
Thanks given by:
What a bad think, I almost had to stay in the street alone 5 hours during night.Unluckily today I only saw the two last time numbers on the clock and I got up in almost midnight. Luckily before closing the door and going to the institute I saw dark, looked the hour and returned to bed. Now its the right time.
Thanks given by: