Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(12-20-2012, 07:40 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: this is a log message for R1081 but if you have the Chatlog plugin enabled you would get chat messages in console right?
Ah. Didn't know there's a plugin for that. Do we really need a plugin for such a basic thing?Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
You're fixing bugs really fast. Great work. Tomorrow i'll go out und look for more bugs for you to fix.Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(12-20-2012, 07:56 AM)Luksor Wrote: Ah. Didn't know there's a plugin for that. Do we really need a plugin for such a basic thing?Rolleyes

The idea is that the server is minimal by itself and most "extended" functionality is provided by plugins. I'd say this is exactly extended functionality, as some people might not want their console to contain messages.

(12-20-2012, 07:34 AM)Luksor Wrote: I've also made a little change in cClientHandle::HandleBlockPlace() function:
I moved the if statement which is checking the BlockPlace hook.
It was denying usage of blocks like levers, fence gates or workbenches if you were standing in front of the face you just clicked. It was very annoying to me.
Now we just need something like "OnBlockUse" to allow plugins to control useable blocks.
What do you think about that change?

I think having a set of events would be better. One that would actually mean "OnRightClick", being called before any other processing in HandleBlockPlace(); then OnBlockPlace / OnItemUse that correspond to their names; then maybe even some more specific ones, such as OnBucketUse for example, who knows.
Thanks given by:
For finishing the dispensers, you'll be needing a cProjectile class representing a shot arrow, a thrown egg or a snowball etc.. Have you already thought out how to implement those? How about starting a discussion about it, so that it is "documented" at least a little bit? There might be some ideas worth doing in the replies.
Thanks given by:
Quote:The idea is that the server is minimal by itself and most "extended" functionality is provided by plugins. I'd say this is exactly extended functionality, as some people might not want their console to contain messages.
Alright, I removed that change.

Quote:I think having a set of events would be better. One that would actually mean "OnRightClick", being called before any other processing in HandleBlockPlace(); then OnBlockPlace / OnItemUse that correspond to their names; then maybe even some more specific ones, such as OnBucketUse for example, who knows.
That's a good idea. Smile

Quote:For finishing the dispensers, you'll be needing a cProjectile class representing a shot arrow, a thrown egg or a snowball etc.. Have you already thought out how to implement those? How about starting a discussion about it, so that it is "documented" at least a little bit? There might be some ideas worth doing in the replies.
For now I only wanted them to be able to drop items, and place/remove liquids.

I don't know how projectiles are implemented in Minecraft, but I think that for basic things like eggs or snowballs, we can just move it a bit and check block collisions.
Thanks given by:
i editted the core\web_serversettings.lua Smile i now can also edit the PrimaryserverVersionBig Grin

Attached Files
.lua   web_serversettings.lua (Size: 9.29 KB / Downloads: 202)
Thanks given by: xoft
Added as rev 1088. I trust you have tested the patch?
Also, you might want to add the option for "do not set" or "zero", which means "latest version supported". That will actually be the best choice for most users - they won't need to re-edit anything after upgrading both the client and the server.
Thanks given by:
yes i tested the patch.
i am trying to make a "Lateste Version" option but i don't know how to make it use the latest version.
i tried to leave it blanco so you would get "PrimaryServerVersion=" but then it doesn't edit the settings.ini.
maybe faketruth can have a look at it.
Thanks given by:
Use zero, then.

While I was refactoring the TakeDamage API, I noticed the IsA() / GetClass() architecture was weak, so I updated it by a notch, making it even more automatic (one single macro in the header) and more useful (added the GetParentClass() function). Rev 1090 should give the full functionality.
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE
it works thanksBig Grin

Attached Files
.lua   web_serversettings.lua (Size: 9.34 KB / Downloads: 184)
Thanks given by: xoft