[Raspberry pi]
There is a nether Smile The only problem is that nether portals don't teleport playersTongue
Thanks given by:
o, that explains a lot, well , last question before this gets like a conversation, Where can i get the latest build of MCServer for compiling for His raspberry pi?
Edit: Also , anyway to TP to the nether
Thanks given by:
Go to www.mc-server.org and click the Raspberry Pi link. It hosts the latest builds.

Actually, run this script:
Code:
wget https://github.com/tigerw/MCServer-Autoupdate-Script/raw/master/updateserver.sh; bash updateserver.sh
to get MCServer for the first time.

Then, run
Code:
bash updateserver.sh
to update the server.
Thanks given by:
It's a little complicated but here is a quick tutorial

1.) You have to create a new world in the settings.ini
Code:
[Worlds]
DefaultWorld=world
World=world_nether

2.) Then create a folder named world_nether
3.) Create a world.ini and add
Code:
[Generator]
BiomeGen=Constant
ConstantBiome=Nether
HeightGen=Flat
CompositionGen=Nether
FlatHeight=128
Structures=Ravines,WormNestCaves
Finishers=LavaSprings,BottomLava,NetherClumpFoliage,PreSimulator
BottomLavaLevel=30
Generator=Composable
HeightGenCacheSize=64
NetherThreshold=0
CompositionGenCacheSize=64

[General]
Dimension=-1

4.) Let the world generate.

5.) Set proper spawn coordinates. The default will spawn you ontop of the bedrock, and you don't want that if you are in survival don't you think?
You can do this by going to the world, find a nice spot and then press f3 to see your current coordines. Then you can change the [SpawnPosition] in the world.ini Smile

Then you can use the /portal command to swap worlds: /portal world_nether
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2014, 03:27 AM)tigerw Wrote: Go to www.mc-server.org and click the Raspberry Pi link. It hosts the latest builds.

Actually, run this script:
Code:
wget https://github.com/tigerw/MCServer-Autoupdate-Script/raw/master/updateserver.sh; bash updateserver.sh
to get MCServer for the first time.

Then, run
Code:
bash updateserver.sh
to update the server.
Thank you very much Smile, its nice of all of you to help me n.n, i got my MCServer nice and running but im still waiting for my brother to forward port and all that stuff!, Again Thank you!

(01-27-2014, 03:35 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: It's a little complicated but here is a quick tutorial

1.) You have to create a new world in the settings.ini
Code:
[Worlds]
DefaultWorld=world
World=world_nether

2.) Then create a folder named world_nether
3.) Create a world.ini and add
Code:
[Generator]
BiomeGen=Constant
ConstantBiome=Nether
HeightGen=Flat
CompositionGen=Nether
FlatHeight=128
Structures=Ravines,WormNestCaves
Finishers=LavaSprings,BottomLava,NetherClumpFoliage,PreSimulator
BottomLavaLevel=30
Generator=Composable
HeightGenCacheSize=64
NetherThreshold=0
CompositionGenCacheSize=64

[General]
Dimension=-1

4.) Let the world generate.

5.) Set proper spawn coordinates. The default will spawn you ontop of the bedrock, and you don't want that if you are in survival don't you think?
You can do this by going to the world, find a nice spot and then press f3 to see your current coordines. Then you can change the [SpawnPosition] in the world.ini Smile

Then you can use the /portal command to swap worlds: /portal world_nether
Heh, yeahBig Grin! and man thank you very much 2, you helped me a lot today! i had a lot of doubts, now i dont Smile thank you very much again!
Thanks given by:
No problem Smile
EDIT:
but seriously I keep getting distracted Wink I have an exam tomorrowTongue
Thanks given by:
Study man, you dont want to ruin your grade! Wink
PS: I see the terminal on Putty and when it spawned enemys it started spamming this messages like 5 per second [17:49:20] AddFaceDirection: Unknown inv face: 255 [17:50:30] AddFaceDirection: Unknown face: 255 , Just grabbed this 2 randomly
Also and sometimes when i do a critical hit while running they just, fly across the world by the knockback, is that right?
Thanks given by:
Quote:Then you can change the [SpawnPosition] in the world.ini
I believe there was a command in core for it as well...
Try using /help [page number] to find it!
Thanks given by:
Critical hit speeds are still a little unrealistic, probably need to rework that slightly. About the AddFace issues, what happens to cause them? You say enemy spawns - like zombies, etc.?

The Core command is /setspawn
Thanks given by:
Wow, I've already forgotten, we have a setting in "settings.ini" section "[Server]", value "DefaultViewDistance", that sets the default view distance for the players to use; each player can then set their own (if their permissions allow) using the Core's "/viewdistance" in-game command.
Thanks given by: