The Gallery server
xoft Wrote:I'm considering moving the entire thing to my other RasPi, though, so it might get a restart (and the much needed update) quite soon.
Are you currently doing this? Because the server is down.
Thanks given by:
It seems that by querying the uptime, I somehow managed to kill the server Sad
I'll do the move now.
Thanks given by:
How long will it take? I have the feeling of helping to finish biomesBig Grin I can't code it so i build the vegetation, like trees and stuffTongue
Thanks given by:
I had to leave the house for a while, so I can't spend the time I need for this on it. Hopefully it'll be done before the evening.
Thanks given by:
Alright, the server is up, that was fast now Smile
I'll still have to set up smb access to it etc., but the server itself should be alright.
Thanks given by:
I don't know why, but everytime I get a CheeseDummy on the server, it crashes.Tongue
Thanks given by:
Whaa. I tried joining but the server crashed :O I don't even have any mods installed.

Is it maybe an idea to create a script that automaticly restarts the server when it crashes?
A Bash file would look like this:
Code:
:Begin
MCServer.exe
goto Begin
Thanks given by:
It seems that the entire RasPi has died, I can't SSH to it. It'll have to wait until I get home. Or maybe there was a power failure, this one RasPi isn't UPS-backed.
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid it seems that the whole Pi has died. Only the red PWR led was on; I tried unplugging and replugging the power supply, still only the red led. There's no output on HDMI.

I'll swap the SD card into the other Pi and run the server there, but I'm not too happy about this.
Thanks given by:
Okay, so it's not the Pi that's dead, it's the SD card. I do hope I have a recent enough backup...
Thanks given by: