The Gallery server
You think it's possible to set this up for the gallery server, or is it too heavy for the Pi?
Thanks given by:
It could be done externally - download the world from the Gallery server to another machine and then run the Overviewer.
Thanks given by:
The overviewer only rebuilds the new chunks. Only the first run would be intensive. And compiling the overviewer on the PI B+ only took a couple of minutes.

Can the gallery server serve http?

On the same note, is there a way to browse and download the schematics?
Thanks given by:
The entire world is being backed up here daily: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/GalleryBackup/
The same backup script could, theoretically, run the overviewer directly on the webhosting server.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 05:43 AM)xoft Wrote: The entire world is being backed up here daily: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/GalleryBackup/
The same backup script could, theoretically, run the overviewer directly on the webhosting server.

I'll do it and host it, but to make my life easier ... can there be a top level 'latest.7z' that I could grab daily?
Thanks given by:
If you can help me set it up, no problem.

I'm currently using a script containing the following line, that is run from cron on the Gallery server:
Code:
ssh -i $remoteKeyFile -p $remotePort $remoteUser@$remoteHost "mkdir -p $remotePath/$targetFolderFormat" && scp -rp -i $remoteKeyFile -P $remotePort $packedFileName $remoteUser@$remoteHost:$remotePath/$targetFolderFormat
I suppose it's possible to add another command that would copy the packed file over the latest.7z file.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 06:30 AM)xoft Wrote: If you can help me set it up, no problem.

I'm currently using a script containing the following line, that is run from cron on the Gallery server:
Code:
ssh -i $remoteKeyFile -p $remotePort $remoteUser@$remoteHost "mkdir -p $remotePath/$targetFolderFormat" && scp -rp -i $remoteKeyFile -P $remotePort $packedFileName $remoteUser@$remoteHost:$remotePath/$targetFolderFormat
I suppose it's possible to add another command that would copy the packed file over the latest.7z file.

You should only have to copy it one more time.

What is the $remotePath value?

Code:
ssh -i $remoteKeyFile -p $remotePort $remoteUser@$remoteHost "mkdir -p $remotePath/$targetFolderFormat"
&&
scp -rp -i $remoteKeyFile -P $remotePort $packedFileName $remoteUser@$remoteHost:$remotePath/$targetFolderFormat
&&
scp -rp -i $remoteKeyFile -P $remotePort $packedFileName $remoteUser@$remoteHost:$remotePath/latest.7z
Thanks given by:
I don't want to copy it using scp, that means a needless extra transfer. A local copy on the remote machine should be much better.

Code:
targetFolderFormat=$(date +"%Y-%m")
This makes the per-month folders.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 08:17 AM)xoft Wrote: I don't want to copy it using scp, that means a needless extra transfer. A local copy on the remote machine should be much better.

Code:
targetFolderFormat=$(date +"%Y-%m")
This makes the per-month folders.

then

Code:
ssh -i $remoteKeyFile -p $remotePort $remoteUser@$remoteHost "cp $remotePath/$targetFolderFormat/$packedFileName $remotePath/latest.7z"
Thanks given by:
Or create a symlink.

Code:
ln -s $remotePath/$targetFolderFormat/$packedFileName $remotePath/latest.7z
Thanks given by: