The Gallery server
Someone was flooding the server with block-break packets, the server kicked him and crashed while sending a message to a client from within Lua.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like there was someone trying to grief the server.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the "Nuke" hack. It pretty much insta-breaks all nearby blocks around the player.
Thanks given by:
Yeah MCServer is not protected against any hacks.
@LO1ZB is probably working on an NoCheatPlus clone for MCServer
Thanks given by:
Nevertheless, it appears that the excess packet checks are working.
Thanks given by:
Did the server crash again?

Maybe someone walks into a portal and creates a new world -> Deadlock
Thanks given by:
(02-20-2015, 07:30 PM)xoft Wrote: Someone was flooding the server with block-break packets, the server kicked him and crashed while sending a message to a client from within Lua.

Yeah sorry that was me. I was messing around with a hacked client in a singleplayer world and left nuke on.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, deadlock, for an unknown reason.

There were clients trying to connect using an unsupported protocol, then someone placed something hanging in the wrong place, so the console got spammed by "Invalid facing (-1) in cHangingEntity...", then Samvbnm disconnected and a minute later the server committed suicide.

And for some weird reason I don't have the Core file, yet again. Linux seems to hate me. I set "ulimit -c unlimited" the other day, but now when I query with "ulimit -a", I see it's back to zero. Who's resetting the thing?
Thanks given by:
And now I can't even SSH into the RasPi. So the Gallery server is dead for now. And it'll probably stay so for quite some time.
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2015, 09:59 AM)xoft Wrote: And now I can't even SSH into the RasPi. So the Gallery server is dead for now. And it'll probably stay so for quite some time.

Want me to put the last snapshot on that aws instance I spun up?
Thanks given by: