The Gallery server
It seems like it failed again.
Thanks given by:
There was a power failure here and my UPS wasn't enough to keep the server running. It should be working now.
Thanks given by:
The Gallery server may need to go offline for some time, starting probably on Dec 31st. There's no internet yet in my new house and I don't know if I can get a public IPv4 address once I do get internet there. I'll keep the server running in my old house for as long as possible, but on year's end the internet here will be turned off.

Any suggestions on what to do if I can't get a public IPv4? I was thinking of renting a really small VPS that comes with a public IPv4 address (AWS EC2 has a free trial for a year), and using SSH from the Gallery server to it, with reverse-port-forwarding. Not sure about the stability of this solution, though, and it would add a bit more lag to the game.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2019, 09:18 AM)xoft Wrote: The Gallery server may need to go offline for some time, starting probably on Dec 31st. There's no internet yet in my new house and I don't know if I can get a public IPv4 address once I do get internet there. I'll keep the server running in my old house for as long as possible, but on year's end the internet here will be turned off.

Any suggestions on what to do if I can't get a public IPv4? I was thinking of renting a really small VPS that comes with a public IPv4 address (AWS EC2 has a free trial for a year), and using SSH from the Gallery server to it, with reverse-port-forwarding. Not sure about the stability of this solution, though, and it would add a bit more lag to the game.
I don't really know if that can help but there's a tool called ngrok (https://ngrok.com/) that can "expose" your localhost without the need of port forwarding.
It's compatible with TCP so it should work for a minecraft server. SeeĀ https://yiddish.ninja/sharing-your-local-minecraft-server-over-the-internet/
It has an ARM version so you could try to run it on the Pi.
Thanks given by:
That probably won't help completely. I run other services on my home servers, too - owncloud, ssh, rdp, and the Cuberite webadmin. I'm using a letsencrypt cert for the https, and that requires specific ports and hostnames. I'll see what I can do, for the time being it seems that my provider has "forgotten" about me and the servers still work, despite the subscription being cancelled Smile
Thanks given by:
The Gallery server is currently down, most likely a network cable fell off or something (I hope the RasPi hasn't died). I'll be finally moving the server this weekend to my new home, so hopefully next week it'll be running again from a new location, but with the same DNS name.
Thanks given by:
The server is up again, it has been moved to the new home and now uses the terrible EC2-ssh-proxy, but hey, it seems to work Smile
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE
Unfortunately the high winds from about a month ago seem to have displaced something in the way of my wifi link, so now my connection is terribly flaky, way too many dropped packets / connections, and high ping. Sorry about that, the Gallery server is still running, but I guess is pretty unusable.

I'll try to move it somewhere else on Monday, so it'll be offline in the morning (CET, +01:00 UTC)
Thanks given by:
The server move was cancelled due to coronavirus - we're under a curfew. Luckily I was able to talk my neighbors into sharing their wifi connection with me, and after a few hours of trying to get the 15-year-old wifi client box to connect to them using the antenna on my roof, I can report success, my home is back online at about 3 Mbps in each directionTongue Not perfect, but it should be workable.
Thanks given by:
We are still lucky, just schools etc are closed no more then 100+ man events etc.
Stores are still open though people are hording everything though it has been said multiple times it is not needed.

But glad you got some internet in this case, gives you at least something to do Smile.
Though 3Mbps will limit you in some ways, hope it gets better soon.
Thanks given by: