CombatLog
Yeah but if the reason is a connection time out? It's not the player's fault.

New version:
-Added bypass permission ("combatlog.bypass")
-You can now block commands on combat (BlockCommandsOnCombat, default true)
Thanks given by:
I did a bit of investigation on this topic.
I think CombatLog checks how a player disconnected like this:
1 - Is the player disconnected, because the host (the mc client) closed the connection without disconnect packet?
-> do nothing
2 - Is the player disconnecten, because he got kicked from the server?
-> do nothing
3 - Is the player disconnected, because he send a disconnect packet to the server?
-> do everything, thats enabled in the config (dropping inventory ect...)
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately as of 1.7+ the client doesn't send a disconnect packet anymore.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 05:34 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Unfortunately as of 1.7+ the client doesn't send a disconnect packet anymore.

IsnĀ“t this a useable disconnect packet?
http://wiki.vg/Protocol#Disconnect_2
Thanks given by:
That's client-bound - sent from the server to the client. We need the other direction, when the player chooses "Disconnect" in the menu; there's no packet sent for that, the client only drops the connection. I've checked this with ProtoProxy.
Thanks given by:
Quote:1 - Is the player disconnected, because the host (the mc client) closed the connection without disconnect packet?
-> do nothing

Bad idea! A player could cheat by cutting off his internet connection before giving the client a chance to send anything.

If a player lost connection, it is not his fault, but it is not the other guy's fault either. It has to be unfair for someone either way, so better keep it simple and kill the one who lost connection.
Thanks given by:
However, you do have to think: if a player's internet died, he would be dead anyway - it takes 30 seconds to timeout and the other player would have killed you by then.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 05:33 PM)bearbin Wrote: However, you do have to think: if a player's internet died, he would be dead anyway - it takes 30 seconds to timeout and the other player would have killed you by then.

Great point!
Thanks given by: