[DONE] Groups and permissions refactor
I'm not so sure about editing the data in the DB with external programs, it's rather easy to break the DB consistency that way. Also the DB won't be a real RDBMS engine, just a SQLite file. Still, it should be possible to later add a plugin that overrides the entire system by using data from a RDBMS, if we add the needed hooks.
Thanks given by:
Very well, I'll make that change, then. On a branch, of course.
Thanks given by:
The branch being, of course, master.
Thanks given by:
Master is a branch, too, yes, but: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/pull/1290
:P
Thanks given by:
Anyone good with UI design here? Could you prepare some ideas about what the webadmin should look like for the permission management?
Thanks given by:
I'm not a professional, but this is a sketch I quickly made just to get the discussion started (Excuse my poor handwriting):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
That's exactly what I wanted. I don't need a profi website, I need to see what's where, what controls, what functions. A diagram is the best, this is even too much (a ruler? Wink

Now this is a player list with rank control, we need to define the ranks and probably list their groups / permissions, too.
Thanks given by:
I've started the changes to the Core, so far I have a pretty nice-looking rank manager: https://github.com/mc-server/Core/pull/83
Thanks given by:
So far I've come up with the following webadmin schema:

Tab Online players:
- (pretty much what STR_Warrior drew, without the Offline players section)
- per-world list of players
- name
- position (?)
- rank
- can change each player's rank
- can kick each player
- can view list of player's permissions
- can send PM
- special "Player details" subpage?

Tab Ranks:
- (more or less done in the PR)
- displays list of ranks
- add / rename / delete a rank
- add / remove groups to ranks
- set rank visuals
- view all players in a rank (?)

Tab Permissions:
- displays list of groups
- add / rename / delete a group
- add / remove permissions to groups

I've split the ranks / permissions into separate pages, because there will be possibly a lot of entries in each and two long lists on a single page would be impractical.
Thanks given by:
That's about what I had in mind as well + allot of usefull extras, but I don't think the players position is needed in the Online Players tab. Could that go in the "Special player details subpage"?
EDIT:
Maybe even an TP to player/coordinates button?
Thanks given by: