[DONE] Groups and permissions refactor
I have cobbled together some sort of a basic UI for the ranks. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done; I'll leave the beautification part on the more web-experienced coders here.

It's all in the Ranks PR / branch: https://github.com/mc-server/Core/pull/83

Permissions page:
[Image: permissions.png]

Editing group:
[Image: permissions_edit.png]

Ranks page:
[Image: ranks.png]

Editing rank's groups:
[Image: ranks_groups.png]

Editing rank visuals:
[Image: ranks_visuals.png]

Player list:
[Image: players.png]

Player details:
[Image: players_details.png]

Sending a PM:
[Image: players_pm.png]
Thanks given by:
That looks greatBig Grin

I do have a question though: The Player details page shows "Permissions *" for you, but what would it show when there is someone with a "normal" list with permissions?
Thanks given by:
It lists all the permissions:
[Image: players_details2.png]
Thanks given by:
That could get pretty big.
Thanks given by:
Does this interface support changing permissions for offline users? That's a pretty essential feature.
Thanks given by:
It doesn't, yet. Do you have any recommendations about what it should look like, how to integrate it?
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend removing the rank changing from the player details page, and create a new page - "Player Permissions" or something.

There should be an easy lookup feature - just type in the name and jump to a player, and also a list of everybody and what rank they have (plus a dropdown and save button for each player to change the rank).
Thanks given by:
I'm writing a migration path, so that the server auto-migrates from INI files to SQLite DB, and I've hit some kind of a performance bottleneck. Processing just 80 players takes 10 seconds! WhatTheFunction?!?
Thanks given by:
Something's seriously wrong. I've just retried the same code with VS2013 on a slightly faster computer and it takes a fraction of a second. Did the VS optimizer get really that good? Do I really write such a poor code?
Thanks given by:
They did put a lot of work into MSVC's optimiser in the last couple of cycles. Also how much newer if the cpu in the faster computer? A lot of the recent processors have got more performance per cycle. Also your moving around a lot of strings in the code so you may be benefiting form move constructors. People have seen 5-10% gains on some code purely from turning on the c++11 standard libs.
Thanks given by: