WebAdmin Re-Design
UPDATE: Just added the "WebAdmin Log in" Button to the right top page.

Now im open for reviews befor i start inside the WebAdmin =)
Thanks given by:
I don't think this is the right way to go.
- The main point of that page is for the admin to log in. You're effectively hiding the means to do so into a tiny speck in the corner, instead focusing on a completely unrelated piece of data - ancient forum posts.
- The webadmin will (eventually) be changed into a public web interface for the server, so that anyone could view the tabs (that the public have access to) and only after logging in will they receive further tabs (that they specifically have access to). This assumes that there will be permissions specifiable for webadmin accounts and also that there will be a non-logged-in viewing mode. I know this is far in the future, but we want to go in that direction, not away from it.
Thanks given by:
@xoft, why didnt you PM me earlier on? With the needs you think needs to be added to this page / others???
Thanks given by:
Don't just shoot his idea down like that Sad I think it looks nice, at least much better than what we haveBig Grin
Thanks given by:
@xoft, You dont have to use this template, if you wanna make it urself. Fine also Smile I ill continue using it myself! =)
Thanks given by:
Oh I do like the general vision of the template, sorry that I didn't make it clearer. I just have usability issues with it. Please do continue developing it, I'm really looking forward to seeing the actual webadmin in this style. Those remarks were to help you get the sense of where the development is going, not to tell you to stop.
Thanks given by:
@xoft, sorry about the hard reply then. It was coming over as a Flame on the project. Usability can always be improven by a scripter, as you may see urself with the server. I will continue this work with or without help, so far i came i had to put something on that page to view and i did by using an RSS feed. Wich can be switched to anything else also.
Thanks given by:
I think you shouldn't spend needless time on the front page, because that's gonna go. Focus on the webadmin pages once the admin logs in. I'd love to get the page's size back to only one height of my monitor.

Those pages are composed out of three sources. The HTML of the "framing" page is provided by the template.lua file; it has the HTML head element, the outermost table and the plugin tab menu.
The CSS is in a separate file, it is shared between all the pages (and the login page, so you've already edited it)
The inner panes are provided by individual plugins. Each plugin can register any number of "tabs" (items in the leftmost menu) and needs to provide a function that returns the tab's contents.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.
Thanks given by:
Actually the frontpage has its own css and html file, so its easyer to test designs on that.

I start on the inside today.
Thanks given by:
@Update: Tomorrow i will finish the design, using the same template as on the frontpage. I hope this works out well since toke me about 4 hours today setting up the CSS only.

More to see later on
Thanks given by: