BlockProtection - automatic per-block protection
Auto-protects each block that each player places or breaks.

Each block that a player builds is automatically added to their list of protected blocks, thus prohibiting other players from breaking the block. Players can additionally define friends who are able to break their blocks. The server admins and moderators (when given the proper permissions) can always break all blocks.

Note that friendship is a one-way relationship - declaring someone a friend only means they can break your blocks, it doesn't allow you to break your blocks (because if it did, friending an admin would be a hackdoor).

Commands

General
  • /privateblocks friend add - Adds a friend to the list of people who can interact with your blocks
    Permission required: privateblocks.user.addfriend
    The following parameter combinations are recognized:
    /privateblocks friend add Player

/privateblocks friend list - Lists all people you have allowed to interact with your blocks
    Permission required: privateblocks.user.lsfriends

/privateblocks friend remove - Removes a former friend from the list of people who can interact with your blocks
    Permission required: privateblocks.user.rmfriend
    The following parameter combinations are recognized:
    /privateblocks friend remove Player

Permissions
  • - privateblocks.admin.override - Place and dig blocks regardless of their ownership
    • Recommended groups: admins, mods
    - privateblocks.user.addfriend - Add a friend so that they can break my blocks
    • Commands affected:
      - /privateblocks friend add
    • Recommended groups: default
    - privateblocks.user.lsfriends - List people who can break my blocks
    • Commands affected:
      - /privateblocks friend list
    - privateblocks.user.rmfriend - Remove a former friend so that they cannot break my blocks anymore
    • Commands affected:
      - /privateblocks friend remove
Source: https://github.com/madmaxoft/PrivateBlocks
Thanks given by:
/privateblocks rmfriend - Adds a friend to the list of people who can interact with your blocks
Change into
/privateblocks rmfriend - Remove a friend to the list of people who can interact with your blocks

possible to make a "Wand" Like worldedit to see the person who placed a block? So admins can identify block owners.

If people break blocks, does it prohibiting other people to build there?
Thanks given by:
I fixed the copypasta in the description files, but cannot edit the forum post, I'm getting this error:
Code:
The requested Web page has been blocked by APP Enforcement.

Please contact your system administrator for further information.
Perhaps it's because I'm on a train, I'll retry when I get back home.

A wand for admins is a planned feature.

Breaking a block doesn't protect the empty space left behind. Should we change that, protect the air?
If it did protect the air, you'd soon have forests of protected empty spaces left by people chopping down trees; this is imho something admins don't want; but what do I know, I'm just a programmer Smile
Thanks given by:
You are right about the Air thing, its not handy and you shouldn't be wanting that.

For the wand it would be perfect to add since a lot grievers would be caught that way
Thanks given by:
Getting error: [19:57:10] PrivateBlocks: The config file 'PrivateBlocks.cfg' doesn't exist. Defaults will be used.

I renamed Example.cfg => PrivateBlocks.cfg

Still not working
Thanks given by:
The config file the plugin is looking for should be at the MCS executable ($/MCServer/PrivateBlocks.cfg if you build from source). The plugin also takes the Example.cfg file (do not rename it) in the plugin folder and copies it as PrivateBlocks.example.cfg in the executable folder. Rename this example.cfg file instead.
Thanks given by:
Thanks worked perfect
Thanks given by:
Is anyone using this plugin on a large server (150+ players)?? if so. does this plugin cause lagg over time ??

Im wondering this because:

if a player breakes a block then the server has to run through a database of all the protected blocks.... im betting if the database is large eneugh and the amount of players on the server is high eneugh this will cause preformance issues ??
Thanks given by:
There will be some performance impact, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2014, 09:51 PM)donvdp Wrote: if a player breakes a block then the server has to run through a database of all the protected blocks.

The plugin is smarter than that. It queries the database only once in a while and stores the results for a 16x16x16 block area around the player. If the player doesn't move outside this area, there's no need to query the database - all the blocks are already in the memory. And when the user moves out of this area, the data is queried again for the new area, using a single DB query.

I haven't stress-tested this plugin, but I believe the performance impact to be pretty minimal. I'd be interested in a real-world test, though; unfortunately I don't have a 150-player server.
Thanks given by: