BlockProtection - automatic per-block protection
That sounds like a clever function for when players are afk Smile

I have downloaded this plugin an i will put this to the test Smile Thanks for the reply
Thanks given by:
So, is anyone actually running this plugin on their server? Any feedback on how it copes after some time?
Thanks given by:
I'm considering it but there must be a way to protect the air in and around a players creation other wise bad things can happen to builds .

I really liked this bukkit plugin, not for all the other 'fancy' block placements but just for plot/city plot protection. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/preciousstones/

Maybe instead of doing what they did you emphasize on your idea (because that is a great idea and how a lot of games work) but when placing a block maybe X radius around said block is now protected from being manipulated by other players unless allowed by owner of new 'field'

Allow the option for admins to change the radius that is protected, even more advanced... bp.radius.default.10 bp.radius.admin.60 allowing groups to have bigger radius of protection

Another feature that it has is it can draw a temporary outline in glass of the radius that is being protected that would also be a good addition to this the ability to see what is and is not protected.

This feature is for protecting you from grief so it's always nice to know where your protection is weakest.
Thanks given by:
Music 
Thank you for making this! Unfortunately I cannot get the server to work. I am a huge noob in coding. When I run the server it no longer returns an error message (so the .cfg is in the right place), but the plugin still doesn't work. I assume that's because I don't know what to put in the PrivateBlocks.cfg file that is in the main server directory. Currently the PrivateBlocks.cfg still just has the example text in it. I just want block protection for a small friend only server. If you could help me with what I need to put into the PrivateBlocks.cfg or anything else that I need to do to get it to work I would really appreciate it! Thanks for your time!!
Thanks given by:
I wonder if using this would make sense when the world is stored on an SD card where writes/rewrites eat away at the lifetime of the card itself, and how large the databases would become.

(05-16-2015, 03:42 PM)Serial Wrote: I'm considering it but there must be a way to protect the air in and around a players creation other wise bad things can happen to builds .

Maybe it could be made so that you specify the amount of blocks near a placed block that also will be protected, unless it collides with another solid block.

I also have another suggestion for this. Not having it enabled per default, but per session, on request. Meaning, players can build normally without protection for their blocks unless they specifically want it. Some might want this for everything, but I don't. It'd be fine by me if any other player modifies a few things here and there on my stuff. Only the parts that I absolutely want "set in stone", I'd enable it for those.

/privateblocks on
/privateblocks off

I was also pondering if it makes sense to give players limitless protected blocks instead of maybe being able to limit it to a specific amount, so they handle these with care, or so that if anyone wants to grief using them, there is a natural limit. Giving a player, say, 1000 blocks per day, and displaying a counter of how many have been used ...? Does anyone else thinks this might be a good idea, depending on what kind of server you have and how many players there are?

In any case, this looks very interesting, and I'm thinking about using it, and then maybe really opening my server for public use without any whitelisting.

Lastly, some thoughts on usability. lsfriends and addfriend, rmfriend and such -- that sounds largely inspired by unix commands. A lot of players will forget these in a heartbeat and want to look them up again and again. I'd propose simply using:

add <name>
friends
remove <name>
Thanks given by:
@Ninjalope welcome to the forum.

So what is your current status? Are you getting an error message from the server about anything related to this plugin? Is the server crashing? Or are the players able to break other players' blocks without any trouble (as if the plugin wasn't there)? If it's the last case, check that you enabled the plugin via settings.ini ( https://book.cuberite.org/#2.4 ). If there's any error message, I need to know what it says.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2016, 11:35 PM)xoft Wrote: @Ninjalope welcome to the forum.

So what is your current status? Are you getting an error message from the server about anything related to this plugin? Is the server crashing? Or are the players able to break other players' blocks without any trouble (as if the plugin wasn't there)? If it's the last case, check that you enabled the plugin via settings.ini ( https://book.cuberite.org/#2.4 ). If there's any error message, I need to know what it says.

Sorry! I forgot to type that. There are no error messages. Players are just able to break each others block freely. Also the BlockProtection commands in game and on the server do not work. The plugin is enabled because it was showing errors at first but I got those to go away by putting the .cfg in the prescribed place.
Thanks given by:
I assume you have the Core plugin enabled, so you should have a server console command "plugins", try to execute that and check that it lists the PrivateBlocks plugin as loaded. All your symptoms indicate that the plugin is disabled.

Note that the plugin only supports in-game commands, they don't work in the server console (simply because they wouldn't know which player they should apply to).
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2016, 08:11 AM)xoft Wrote: I assume you have the Core plugin enabled, so you should have a server console command "plugins", try to execute that and check that it lists the PrivateBlocks plugin as loaded. All your symptoms indicate that the plugin is disabled.

Note that the plugin only supports in-game commands, they don't work in the server console (simply because they wouldn't know which player they should apply to).

Whenever I run the server and check loaded plugins is shows that the protectblock plugin is loaded. However, the in game commands all return this error:

[info] something went wrong while executing command "/privateblocks isfriends"

I'm sorry for the trouble. Thanks again for helping.
Thanks given by:
That in-game message should have an accompanying server console error message, possibly with a list of locations in the plugin's source files. Could you check if there are any and paste them here?
Thanks given by: