Expanding & Overviewing the map
OK. Tracked it down. It comes down to our storage format.
There is no modification time set for our chunks, and the overviewer rejects any chunks without an mtime.
Thanks given by:
That should be fairly easy to fix - whenever storing a chunk, store its modification time ("time(nullptr)") as well.
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2014, 07:41 AM)xoft Wrote: That should be fairly easy to fix - whenever storing a chunk, store its modification time ("time(nullptr)") as well.

Yup. Need another coder? I don't mind adding to this, but I don't want to step on any toes.
Thanks given by:
Are you kidding? We always welcome new people willing to donate code. Feel free to submit a PR on GitHub with this change.
Thanks given by:
Checking out the Anvil storage mechanism over some turkey soup today. Smile
Thanks given by:
Well, I have the mtime stored now, but it looks like like the ChunkWorx plugin doesn't quite generate everything.

Areas I have acutally been in show as lit up, areas generated by ChunkWorx are dark.

http://minecraft.planetx.com/
Thanks given by:
Right, ChunkWorx doesn't light the chunks, it only generates the terrain. We need to do some work on this. The plugin is ripe for a rewrite anyway.
Thanks given by:
Plan of action:
- Implement a cWorld::PrepareChunk() method that either loads the chunk from disk or generates it, as needed, and lights it.
- (Use that function in cSpawnPrepare for cWorld - https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues/1615 )
- Export the function to Lua
- Change the ChunkWorx plugin to use the function instead of cWorld:TouchChunk()
- Change the ChunkWorx plugin to use a better queueing and smarter chunk ordering.
Thanks given by:
I'll submit the first needed changes to WSSAnvil.cpp/h today or tomorrow. (It's barely 2 dozen lines of code.)

As to lua, this is my first experience. I'm a VLSI and hardware drivers guy -- mainly for crypto. I'll have a look at cWorld and what you are doing there this weekend.
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2014, 05:18 AM)xoft Wrote: Are you kidding? We always welcome new people willing to donate code. Feel free to submit a PR on GitHub with this change.

The create PR button is disabled for me.

Here are the two files.

Attached Files
.cpp   WSSAnvil.cpp (Size: 78.24 KB / Downloads: 2,081)
.h   WSSAnvil.h (Size: 13.33 KB / Downloads: 213)
Thanks given by: