A few bugs
Hello folks,
So earlier I posted about a bug where grass is not growing here. Looks like the bug was already reported, so I am curious about some other bugs I've noticed. Perhaps some are just features not implemented yet, but I'd be curious to know before I report anything to see if it is that case, or if they're already reported.

I am using this build (#13) of MCServer for ARM Linux. I am running it on the Raspberry Pi 2, which has a quad core CPU, 1GB of RAM and I have it clocked stable at 1GHz (default is 900MHz). Unlike the original raspberry pi (which is what I think this build is targeted for) this Raspberry Pi 2 is ARMv7, but is supposedly completely backwards compatible with ARMv6 with the exception of a few rarely used features.

MCServer overall runs nicely on it, I get 19-20TPS consistently, but there are the odd bugs I encounter. The build apparently is 5 days old but there are no newer builds as far as I know. I am using Minecraft 1.8.

1. Boats seem to move very slowly. If you place a boat in the water, it hardly moves at all. You might as well just swim, you'd get there faster.
2. Animals will not breed. If you right click on them with whatever they breed with, the "love" will come out of them and they'll follow you around, but other than that they won't breed.
3. Zombies wont attack. They follow you, but once they reach you, they do nothing.
4. There is a crap ton of creepers everywhere. I ended up just disabling monsters but would like to have them sometime. EDIT: I think it's related to this bug.
5. Whenever I connect to the server, I get this in the console:
[Image: 35j027m.png]

And finally, 6. The last bug I encountered seems to be the biggest, randomly crashing. It means any world changes that are not saved are lost. Quite annoying. Doesn't appear to happen much, but enough to be annoying. I have no idea how to trigger it other than to play on the server. If I'm not on the server, it seems to idle fine for a long time.

Here is the console output.
[Image: 2cpway1.png]
Thanks given by:
Most of the entity-related behavior is nearly non-existent in MCS, so minecarts, boats and mobs generally don't work too much.

As for the crash, this is quite interesting. Could you follow the guide on reporting crashes to give us more info about it?
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=631
Thanks given by:
You might be interested in this thread: Features and missing features.
Thanks given by:
Thanks.

Regarding the crash, hasn't crashed again on me yet but I am running gdb and waiting for it to happen again. Will post back when I can regarding it. Also copied the log from the last case, if you want it now I can post it otherwise I will wait and package it all up.

As for entities, I understand most of it is experimental, I can tell by the weird AI haha. Most of it one can live with anyway, but I thought zombies use to attack, but are not now? In regards to creepers, I guess the lots of creepers issue though was reported and is acknowledged, though nobody knows much about it atm? If those two bugs could be found and fixed it would work relatively well. Not perfectly, but well haha.

For another bug, I find that if I add multiple admins back to back in the web interface it causes the game and the web interface to hang a long time. Had it happen a couple times to me. Haven't experimented with it that much more though so I can't say much more about it.
Thanks given by:
Regarding the build age for raspberry pi - for some reason the buildserver is refusing to automatically build when a new commit comes in, I'm working on fixing it.
Thanks given by:
Just a quick question. The Invalid Facing issue, is that tied in with the crashing problem? It wasn't doing it initially, now it's doing it for all players.

And in regards to the build server, that is awesome. I've been waiting for a new build haha.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I should have fixed the build problem now. For some reason the GitHub change builder plugin was relying on the SCM URL instead of the one specified in the settings.
Thanks given by:
Okay, this was quite quick to crash. This is using the new build (#14).

gdb.txt and the server log.

Attached Files
.zip   crash.zip (Size: 2.58 KB / Downloads: 196)
Thanks given by:
(02-16-2015, 06:33 AM)bearbin Wrote: Yeah I should have fixed the build problem now. For some reason the GitHub change builder plugin was relying on the SCM URL instead of the one specified in the settings.

Any idea why x86 Linux builds are failing the last little while?
Thanks given by:
I don't know. It doesn't appear to be any change that I've done, and I'm sort of stuck. I've asked for help on the forum: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...38&page=18
Thanks given by: