MCServer is open source!
Well i don't know how to make edits via SVN, so me and my C++ guy have forked to github for our RPG server
Thanks given by:
Just wondering, if I update google code, does your github also update automagically?
Thanks given by:
(10-25-2011, 04:27 AM)Giggaflop Wrote: Well i don't know how to make edits via SVN, so me and my C++ guy have forked to github for our RPG server

You don't; FakeTruth has to add members to his googlecode project . . .
(10-25-2011, 04:56 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Just wondering, if I update google code, does your github also update automagically?

Google code and github aren't associated.
Thanks given by:
I would personally prefer to have github be the official location, as most open source projects are moving away from google code towards github because of its superior support for that kind of project.
Thanks given by:
Okay. I don't know how to use git, but I'll investigate
Thanks given by:
I really don't care where the source is located as long as it's in one place.Big Grin
Thanks given by:
i would be happy to transfer ownership to faketruth on the master branch on github, i only put it there so my developer could work on it and so could others Smile
Thanks given by:
What changes have you made to the source on github? We really should keep them together so they don't get too different to where we can't work together effectively.

I've only used git to download, just like with svn. It didn't take me long to learn svn, it was really simple.

I also REALLY like the way svn handles different versions. It's really easy to read, and I much prefer the side by side file compare to what I see github uses.

Maybe github does all of this too, I don't really know.
Thanks given by:
so far no changes had been commited, i'm not sure what my developer has been doing so far. i'm assuming he's reading through to see how it works Smile
Thanks given by:
You really don't know how to use SVN? I think it's way easier to use than git (mostly because I don't have to use the commandline and have a nicely integrated GUI in Windows).
If anybody wants to make changes to the project just tell me and I'll add you so you can commit your changes
Thanks given by: