MCServer Development Discussion
I got it to compile, but I got linker errors now so the makefile is missing certain .cpp files
I don't have time to do this right now, I'll fix it in 3~4 hours or something when I got the time
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2011, 01:51 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: I got it to compile, but I got linker errors now so the makefile is missing certain .cpp files
I don't have time to do this right now, I'll fix it in 3~4 hours or something when I got the time

That's great.Big Grin

There are a few people I've been talking to with interest in this project. Starting with a working copy will make it much easier for us. lol. I was basically just trying things out to get it to work.
Thanks given by:
when waiting for an update?
Thanks given by:
I fixed the source to build for linux a while ago. Here's the tar archive for the fixed source (i believe this is rev 5) http://www.multiupload.com/FTCYNJYXIQ
Thanks given by:
Well I fixed it, it's on googlecode now Smile

@vcnnews: Protip, do not include the .svn folders. If you use an svn server with a password people can even figure out your password by looking in the .svn folders!!
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2011, 07:27 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Well I fixed it, it's on googlecode now Smile

@vcnnews: Protip, do not include the .svn folders. If you use an svn server with a password people can even figure out your password by looking in the .svn folders!!

Nice, first thing I did was add cows that drop leather and raw_beef. 50% chance that a spawn will be either a cow or a chicken during the day.

Well.. They drop leather. Raw_beef doesn't seem to work yet.
Thanks given by:
If you want you can commit your changes to google code. I'm not sure if non project members can commit, but if you can't I can add you as a member
Thanks given by:
Add me to skype or ICQ, always will be glad to help
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2011, 08:24 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: If you want you can commit your changes to google code. I'm not sure if non project members can commit, but if you can't I can add you as a member

I look into that after I get this a bit more solid.Big Grin

I'm able to compile and run just fine in windows with r6, and it compiles without any errors in linux, but when I try to connect in linux I get this error in the client:

Code:
Connection Lost

Internal client error: java.io.IOException; Invalid Http response

and this in the server console:
Code:
[16:15:18] ServerListenThread
[16:15:18] ServerTickThread
[16:15:25] IP.ADDRESS.REMOVED connected!
[16:15:25] cClientHandle::cClientHandle
[16:15:25] ReceiveThread
[16:15:25] New ClientHandle
[16:15:25] Got ping
[16:15:25] CLIENT DISCONNECTED (0 bytes):No Error
[16:15:25] ReceiveThread STOPPED
[16:15:25] Deleting client
[16:15:27] IP.ADDRESS.REMOVED connected!
[16:15:27] cClientHandle::cClientHandle
[16:15:27] ReceiveThread
[16:15:27] New ClientHandle
[16:15:27] HANDSHAKE USERNAME.REMOVED
[16:15:27] CLIENT DISCONNECTED (0 bytes):No Error
[16:15:27] ReceiveThread STOPPED
[16:15:27] Deleting client USERNAME.REMOVED
[16:15:29] Num Chunks in layer: 54
[16:15:29] Num Chunks in layer: 165

I was able to compile and connect to vcnnews's build just fine in linux, but have not tried with windows. I have yet to compare the two sources.

Any ideas?

CPU and RAM usage on this server is amazing. It's funny to see htop ahead MCServer on CPU usage half the time (with three users).Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't know, I haven't heard AJIeKCaHDp about that, and it seems to work fine in cygwin
Thanks given by: