Suggestion: "What we're doing" alternative
It looks like it does store it perminatly. What would be more of a problem is that it doesn't look like its possible to create a channel that's open to the world. You have to invite people.
Thanks given by:
I use Slack a lot, it's niceBig Grin But it's used in private
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 05:13 PM)xoft Wrote: I still prefer something that really stores the information permanently - otherwise we end up answering the same kind of questions over and over again.

That's exactly the current problem with "What we're doing", while it stores everything permanently, searching it isn't practical, yet somehow you all live with itTongue
Thanks given by:
Because it's usually so small that we don't need to search it up again Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 08:53 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Because it's usually so small that we don't need to search it up again Wink

That's exactly my point, I'm convincing @xoft that not everything needs to be looked up, non important stuff don't need to, and that he already does ditch history in "what we're going", and therefore there's no reason to not use IRC/XMPP and his argument against it is invalid.

(05-07-2015, 07:20 PM)worktycho Wrote: It looks like it does store it perminatly. What would be more of a problem is that it doesn't look like its possible to create a channel that's open to the world. You have to invite people.

XMPP allows a channel open to the world, I can set up a server if you guys are interested.
Thanks given by:
We already tried IRC https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1211. Not that anyone ever used it, but the channel probably still exists.
Thanks given by:
I use it. Wudles uses it. Sphinx sometimes shows up.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but everyone who's online isn't always available...
Thanks given by:
And is slack not private? It says that you need to be invited by the team leader - that's even worse than the IRC, as the IRC has public history on botbot.me
Thanks given by:
@sphinxc0re, @worktycho, @FakeTruth - You need to upgrade your plan to add guest access, hence why I'm offering to help fund it.

@xoft - I see where you're coming from, but for quick questions that could be answered quickly, an IRC-style chat would be useful for that. In addition, it's helpful for more than just getting chatting -- as I said, you can do thinks like link your current project status (like Trello) and other things. You may want to check out the extensions list.
Thanks given by: