Information on MCServer
Many parameters are fine for me, but unreadable parameters are not.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2015, 10:26 PM)bearbin Wrote: Many parameters are fine for me, but unreadable parameters are not.

I totally agree.
The good thing is, who doesn't need it will not confronted with it, this is one main difference with the config file solution.

In addition, it builds on the principles of the command line, both Linux and Windows are using parameters, so admins will find their way quickly.
To that, a large part of the webinterfaces (Bright Game Panel, GamepanelX etc.) using the principle of the parameters, and using MCServer within a webinterface has made always trouble.
Thanks given by:
Then we just need to sort out the windows parameter style issue, as most existing command line parameters use windows style. I'd particularly like xofts input on that.
Thanks given by:
It's alright with me if you want to change the parameter style. Those present are used mostly for testing only anyway.

However, don't forget about Windows, there's no getopt() there, so we'll most likely need a new 3rd party library for the param parsing.
Thanks given by:
How about TCLAP? http://sourceforge.net/projects/tclap/ Its small, simple, standard c++.
Thanks given by:
Looks nice and is header-only, which is always a benefit Smile

Is there a clone on GitHub already? I'd prefer all our gitmodules there, rather than accessing multiple servers.
Thanks given by:
There's no official mirrors but we might want to clone it into our own organization.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 07:32 AM)xoft Wrote: Looks nice and is header-only, which is always a benefit Smile

Is there a clone on GitHub already? I'd prefer all our gitmodules there, rather than accessing multiple servers.

It's possible to clone it from here
http://sourceforge.net/p/tclap/code/ci/master/tree/
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/tclap/code tclap-code
Thanks given by:
That's still multiple servers.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to start on TCLAP
Thanks given by: