Just some feedback, i'm new. I want to know what this is all about
Hi

This thing looks really promising, it's a shame i don't know c++. But the thing i came here to ask is:

1. how much better (performance wise) is this compared to the java one?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this?
3. Is there a possibility for forge mod loader support?

Regards
Superjo149

( also in my webdev point of view, the website looks like it's made in 2009Big Grin )
Thanks given by:
1. 1/2 the ram, 3x as many players for the CPU.
2. Advantages - speed, FOSS, lua plugin system. Disadvantages - bukkit plugins don't work, some features are glitchy/
3. no
Thanks given by:
(05-20-2015, 06:13 AM)bearbin Wrote: 1. 1/2 the ram, 3x as many players for the CPU.
2. Advantages - speed, FOSS, lua plugin system. Disadvantages - bukkit plugins don't work, some features are glitchy/
3. no

So theres no way there will be support for mods, ever? Is this just not possible or too much work or..?
Thanks given by:
Well, everything is possible, but we'd have to rewrite the whole server to match vanilla's way of doing things, AND add support for Java.
Thanks given by:
But we do have our plugin system which is intended ti be a replacement.
Thanks given by:
But then mods would have to be rewritten in lua and them lazy developers don't be doing that. So this wouldn't really be a replacement, would it.
Other than that the plugin API looks pretty cool. Yes, it's lua but I don't think it looks very hard. I'll propably be checking things out a bit better when the authentication issue is fixed. Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-20-2015, 07:22 AM)Superjo149 Wrote: But then mods would have to be rewritten in lua and them lazy developers don't be doing that. So this wouldn't really be a replacement, would it.
Other than that the plugin API looks pretty cool. Yes, it's lua but I don't think it looks very hard. I'll propably be checking things out a bit better when the authentication issue is fixed. Smile

Maybe those developers won't rewrite their plugins so what who wants java developers trying to code anyways java is a horrible language. LOL but really my point is if they are not willing to rewrite their code to be more efficient and more powerful we don't need nor want them as all they would contribute to is inefficient coding.

Thus leaving the plugins to be coded by good coders who know about clean code standards, and the limitations that java really has. (ask a java developer and they claim java is perfectly fine, ask a VB developer and they spit in the face of java.)
Thanks given by: