LobbyAPI - Open discussion
Welp, there's very little actual working code there, it shouldn't really be a problem. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Okay then let's make this agile Smile first define who are the users of an API: Developers. So what does a developer want from the LobbyAPI?
Thanks given by:
Welp, It needs to manage arenas by itself, be able to give kits from an ini file, and should temporarily hold on to the player's inventory while they are in a minigame.
Thanks given by:
I am not sure if it is part of assume management but i was thinking...

With the manage part of the arenas :
if it could tell that a game(s) are popular and give stats on them. For the admins know which are doing good and which ones are not..

Maybe a queuing system for popular games
Or even better (Might allow for large massive utilization of resources)
When the system sees someone else wants to join full mini game it just builds another arena and tp's the players from the Que to it.

It should hold stats like leader boards with the ability to define the categories maybe...
It also should have a global invitation system..might need to watch out if they are in another mini-game..

my two pennies..
Thanks given by:
I think inventory management should be a huge part of the API. Most minigame lobbys have a functional inventory to enter different modes/games. Also what about having a lobby connected to multiple servers via bungeecorrd?
Thanks given by:
I think flags would be also good. For example if you have a minigame, where you want to deny pvp or building.

I have a plugin named MazeGenerator. For this I created a own plugin named MinigameProtection for creating a area, where I disallow the player building. But to allow the player to place torches, destroy torches/mob spawner and to open chests.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2015, 07:25 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: .. The hardest part seems to be just figuring out how to lay the whole thing out. ..
And that's the exact purpose of this thread ^^

(12-10-2015, 07:25 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: Welp, there's very little actual working code there, it shouldn't really be a problem.
Well, you're already creating classes with rather specific functions. For example LArena:CleanAll()

Inventory management makes sense. Clean a user's inventory when they join an arena, and give it back when they leave or the plugin is disabled.

I don't think we should have the plugin manage arena's outside of it's server though. Using inter-plugin communication to do this is hard enough. It also doesn't really make sense to do it. Why not just install the Lobby plugin on the different server as well? Wink

What we could do though is let the lobby plugin communicate with other lobby plugins. But then the question is what you'd want the plugins to say to each other. But that's something for later if you'd ask me.
Thanks given by:
Imo, making something that utilizes inter-server communication would be a nice addition, but it should be far ahead on the roadmap or even a separate plugin. It adds unnecessary complication to the plugin for now.
Thanks given by:
What about bungeecord compatibility?
I think this is important for a minigames server/network.
So how about a networkinterface for the inventory/scores ect.?
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2015, 05:55 AM)LO1ZB Wrote: What about bungeecord compatibility?
I think this is important for a minigames server/network.
So how about a networkinterface for the inventory/scores ect.?

I like where this is going...

Chrobi
Thanks given by: