GameModeSign
Did a little looking around and I couldn't find a plugin like this one...
Really couldn't believe that this plugin didn't exist.

WHAT'S THIS?

GameMode Signs is a simple/lightweight plugin designed for one purpse: give players the ability to grant their own gamemode via signs!
This will override standard world and command permissions, so you can use it to allow players to shift their gamemodes without commands.
(Example, I've got a creative world and I want to allow people to use survival in that world, but not be allowed to use creative my survival world!)

PERMISSIONS

gmsign.create - allows you to create a sign!
gmsign.use.survival - allows a player to use survival signs
gmsign.use.creative - allows a player to use creative signs
gmsign.use.adventure - allows a player to use adventure signs
gmsign.use.spectator - allows a player to use spectator signs

USAGE

1. Place a Sign

2. Format using the formatting guide

FORMATTING GUIDE //remember to exclude the ""!

Line 1: "[GameMode]"
Line 2: "<GameModeCode>"

GAME MODE CODES

survival: "Survival", "survival", "0"
creative: "Creative", "creative", "1"
adventure: "Adventure", "adventure", "2"
spectator: "Spectator", "spectator", "3"

Attached Files
.zip   GameModeSign.zip (Size: 1.87 KB / Downloads: 300)
Thanks given by:
We should add this to essentials as one of the signs
Thanks given by:
I was wondering for a while about the use case for this plugin, why couldn't you use the regular "/gm" command. It took me a while to realise what you were after: with your plugin, players are allowed to change their gamemode inside a single world, but they still cannot change their gamemode in other worlds (unlike what granting them the changegm permission would have meant).
Thanks given by:
Anyway, a simple essentials or core extension would fit better (like essentials.gm.worlds.* is given to everyone at start (essentials.gm.worlds.<world name>)
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2016, 10:17 PM)Schwertspize Wrote: Anyway, a simple essentials or core extension would fit better (like essentials.gm.worlds.* is given to everyone at start (essentials.gm.worlds.<world name>)

describe how extending essentials or core is different than making my own plugin. Wouldn't I just be calling functions from those plugins then?

Edit: oh now I know what you mean. You're saying that we should add world specific permissions?
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2016, 07:56 PM)xoft Wrote: I was wondering for a while about the use case for this plugin, why couldn't you use the regular "/gm" command. It took me a while to realise what you were after: with your plugin, players are allowed to change their gamemode inside a single world, but they still cannot change their gamemode in other worlds (unlike what granting them the changegm permission would have meant).

That is correct.
Thanks given by: