Convert Notch maps to MCServer
(12-27-2011, 08:13 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Zomg! Is that in an MCServer server?!?! Oh wait, you converted it XD

is it possible to convert an map?
Thanks given by:
Yes! And the source for the converter is on the google code repository
Thanks given by:
(12-27-2011, 08:19 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Yes! And the source for the converter is on the google code repository

but i don't know what to do with the source ;(
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I need to change my sig, I'm done with bukkit, everything is now on MCServer.

You can either "make" the converter in linux or build it in windows with Vc++. There's a memory leak in the Notch's Binary Troll (NBT) parser I used to make the converter, and I don't have the c++ skill needed to find the leak in a timely matter right now. Because of this, the converter needs a ton of memory to run and since it's 32 bit only on windows the map size you can convert is limited. I used my linux server with 16GB of RAM to convert my largish map files. Tongue

After you convert your map, you'll notice that MCServer will "hang" for several minutes. For some reason it seems to open every pak file the first time after a conversion.
Thanks given by:
but i still don't know how to convert an mapTongue can you make an tutorial? or is it to hard to do?
Thanks given by:
I was waiting for the mem leak to be fixed before making it cleaner, but for now all you have to do is:

Put your map files in converter/region/

(r.0.0.mcr is a single map file)

and run the converter.exe (if windows) in converter/
in linux you would type ./denotch inside the converter/ directory

it spits out the converter files into converter/world/
Thanks given by:
how to download the source???
Thanks given by:
I think we're starting to go off topic, but it'd probably be a good idea to include a compiled linux version in the recommended linux version, and a compiled windows version in the recommended windows version.

I have my server up and running at OmenCraft.com if anyone wants to take a look.
Thanks given by:
can you upload or attach the converter.exe (with .dll files if needed) becouse i realy don't know what to doSad sorry
Thanks given by:
Here's a link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14526521/converter.rar

That contains both the linux and windows bin.
Thanks given by: