Random Chitchat 2017
(03-08-2017, 03:26 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Visual Studio 2017 was just released.

And our CoreDev guys have already reported some 8 issues about it. So far, this VisualStudio is unusable for us.
Thanks given by:
Compiling cuberite from clean git clone works fine, had to change the value 1900 to 1910 in Leakfinder.

Compiling the upgraded cuberite fails. Get this error(translated):
Code:
Conflict found in RuntimeLibrary: The value MT_StaticRelease does
not match with the value MD_DynamicRelease in CriticalSection.obj
No clue what to do   Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Either you simply need to rebuild the whole upgraded solution, or the upgrade has failed for some reason. Basically it means that one project (library) is using dynamic C++ runtime libs, while another is using static C++ runtime libs.

As for the VS problems, I meant the guys here at work, they do wonders with VS (such as compile raw binary code that runs on both Windows and Linux).
Thanks given by:
xoft Wrote:As for the VS problems, I meant the guys here at work, they do wonders with VS (such as compile raw binary code that runs on both Windows and Linux).
That sounds interesting, do you have more information about that?
Thanks given by:
What exactly do you mean, the raw binary? I'm afraid I cannot say much more, since I have no idea how much of that is a company secret and I don't want to risk it. Sorry.

The VS problems were just regular crashes when compiling, or misbehaving projects in some special circumstances. Nothing spectacular.
Thanks given by:
What I can tell you for sure is that it's a hell of a pain to work withTongue
Thanks given by:
Is there a memory leak in cBlockArea? If I use Create again, I think the last allocated memory should be released and this doesn't happen.

Edit: Running command reload will release the allocated memory.

Edit 2: I didn't saw the function Clear
Thanks given by:
The Create() function calls the Clear() function, so there should be no leak.
Thanks given by:
When does a destructor of a c++ object in lua code gets called? Added a local cBlockArea in a function and thought that the destructor (added a log message) would be called at end of function.
Thanks given by:
Probably when it gets garbage collected. You can check this by using the collectgarbage function after you've finished using the blockarea.
Thanks given by: