Cuberite for Starmade
Wink 
Hey

I was thinking that both MC and SM run on java and was wondering how much work it would be to support SM as well

I know they are different things altogether but the basic voxel enviroment is similar so idk it would be nice to have the option.

Thanks

Drogoth
Thanks given by:
Hi,

StarMade seems to be a completely different game. It would basically be impossible to have some kind of cross-over with Minecraft.
Thanks given by:
Well, with enough money, anything's possibleTongue

After all, StarMade is just Minecraft where everything's a block entity, right?
Thanks given by:
Not really, it is basically Minecraft squared (O(N^2)) - each in-game object is like a single Minecraft world itself, and those worlds can freely move and rotate in the 3D.
Thanks given by:
Then, clearly, all we need to do is to write a wrapper server which stores, as a 3D array, handles to individual Cuberite processes along with yaw/pitch/roll. It will be responsible for querying and committing data from and to these Cuberite processes, as well as rotating them in three dimensional space. In fact, I believe the WinAPI already provides ways to rotate running processes in 3D (a legacy holdover from space-optimisation in the 90s where memory capacities were sparse), so we only need to implement these routines in Linux builds. I propose calling this wrapper server Polyrite, or, less formally, SMxMC.
Thanks given by:
Great idea. Let's write the wrapper as a Cuberite plugin, as well!
Thanks given by: