Permissions behing BungeeCord
Dear Cuberite funs,

I started to play with Cuberite just few days ago, so please don't blame me, if I ask stupid things :-)
I would like to use 2 cuberite instance behind BungeeCord proxy.

Now I can join to the Bungee server, and switch between the servers via Bungee's command '/server'.

After that I would like to use the Cuberite core command '/portal', and the client said me, I hadn't got permission.
I asked what is my permission, and the answer looked like come from Bungee, and it said I was admin, as set to Bungee's configuration.

Earlier I configured my user to have admin rank on both Cuberite instance with the help of the web admin site. And when I connected directly to the Cuberite instance I could use the '/portal' command.

Is there any way to synchronize the permissions between the Cuberite and the Bungee instances?
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum Smile

Quote:Earlier I configured my user to have admin rank on both Cuberite instance with the help of the web admin site. And when I connected directly to the Cuberite instance I could use the '/portal' command.

Did you configure it while you were logged in through the bungee server? I believe it's possible you get a different UUID from the server if you log in through bungee.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2018, 03:11 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Hello, welcome to the forum Smile

Quote:Earlier I configured my user to have admin rank on both Cuberite instance with the help of the web admin site. And when I connected directly to the Cuberite instance I could use the '/portal' command.

Did you configure it while you were logged in through the bungee server? I believe it's possible you get a different UUID from the server if you log in through bungee.

Hello NiLSPACE,

thanks for your answer, that UUID was my problem. I gave admin permission after I logged in through the bungee server, and I saw a new user on the player ranks panel of the webadmin, and it has different UUID.

But I realized I have to do that step on both Cuberite instance. If am I right Cuberite use SQLite to store permissions, so it is stored separately on each Cuberite instance.
I read this old issue: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/issues/771; I founded the user's JSON files under the players folder, and I saw some user related info, and inventory data.
So am I right:
  1. permissions are stored in SQLite
  2. Inventory (and position, and some more info) are stored in JSON files (named by UUID)
I would like to share both the permissions and inventory info between the Cuberite instances, to be able teleport players between many-many servers and worlds.
Something like RedisBungee does.

Do you aware of any Cuberite plugin which can help me, or any documentation how can I start to replace the SQLite and JSON implementation to some shared DB (e.g. Redis)?
Or could be possible to use filesystem share functionality between Cuberite instances, or they will cause deadlock on the resources?

I'm really looking forward to your answer ;-)
BR.

(for the teleport feature I found this article: https://forum.cuberite.org/thread-2179.h...ght=bungee)
and sorry for my English
Thanks given by:
If your servers are running on the same server you could try a Hard link in order to sync permissions and user files, but other than that it isn't currently possible.
Thanks given by:
(01-19-2018, 02:14 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: If your servers are running on the same server you could try a Hard link in order to sync permissions and user files, but other than that it isn't currently possible.

Thanks NiLSPACE.

Do you have any estimation about how big work could be to implement a DB storage for them?
Is it possible to solve this problem with plugin, or do I have to modify the core Cuberite codebase?
Thanks given by:
I guess it's possible to create a plugin to synchronize the ranks and permissions, but it would be allot of work. Having it in Cuberite itself would probably be better, but that's also a huge undertaking. I don't see it being implemented anytime soon.
Thanks given by:
(01-19-2018, 03:45 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: I guess it's possible to create a plugin to synchronize the ranks and permissions, but it would be allot of work. Having it in Cuberite itself would probably be better, but that's also a huge undertaking. I don't see it being implemented anytime soon.

Ok. Thank you.
Thanks given by: