Offering a spare server
Main Public test server:
Dubbed "Nomadic Minecraft"

Server world will be reset every 12 hours! You get to keep your inventory, and that is is all.
What can you accomplish in the limited time-frame? Take vids and screenshots [Image: smile.png]

P.S. You will spawn back in where you signed out, so don't logoff in a dug out hole/tunnel!

server: "greaper88.serveminecraft.net:25585"

The specs of this machine are :

CPU: i7 3770, quad core 3.4 GHz

RAM: 16GB Ballistix DDR3

Disk: 240GB SATA III SSD

Network: Google Fiber: Gigabit upload and download.
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

I've split your message from the somewhat illogical thread into a separate one.

Thanks for the offer. I don't think such a machine would help the actual development - all of the devs run their dev servers on their machines, I can't imagine a scenario where I would need a separate server. However, if you can keep such a server running for the public, so that we could have an example server for anyone to check out, that would be useful.
Thanks given by:
I could do that, but I would certainly need help with the build process if running anything other than the 1.12 release.
Thanks given by:
The idea would be to have an auto-update script that would pull the newest official build (no need to build one yourself), clear the world folder (so that any griefing is undone) and (re)start the server; perhaps daily or twice a day.
Thanks given by:
I think we could make a very simple plugin that would announce the server restart some time ahead, then terminate the server, so an outer script can update it and re-run it.
Thanks given by:
sounds good
Thanks given by:
Here's the simple plugin to shut the server down after a preconfigured time interval:
https://github.com/madmaxoft/TimedShutdown
(might be useful for others, too)
Thanks given by:
Server is online. Here's the setup:
Server world will be reset every 12 hours! You get to keep your inventory, and that is is all.
What can you accomplish in the limited timeframe? Take vids and screenshots Smile

P.S. You will spawn back in where you signed out, so don't logoff in a dug out hole/tunnel!

server: "greaper88.serveminecraft.net:25585"

Also, have a Anarchy server running as well. This world will remain unchanged.
Server restarts to update as well, but nothing changes world/player-wise.
"greaper88.serveminecraft.net"
Thanks given by: xoft
Thanks. Can we post the server on the homepage as the test server?
Thanks given by:
Could I have your help in diagnosing what appear to be deadlocks on joining the server? We've a couple of issues open in the bugtracker but no reliable way to reproduce until now.
Thanks given by: