Dev queries - getting started with the forum
Hello all,

I have recently been working on an issue on GitHub and have also been advised that the code could do with some further changes.

After investigating how to reactor the code (and to what extent) I have some questions.

As I am new here, what do I ask to begin with?

Thanks,
MrSach
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum.

Just ask away, there's no such thing as a dumb question Smile
Thanks given by:
Thank you for letting me know this.

Working on issue #5495, I have been working on StringCompression.h and StringCompression.cpp.

It took some time, but I managed to find a way to refactor the code to simplify some data types.
I am, however, still unsure about one member method function that I have amended on my local system as it may risk undefined behaviour.

Would you like me to post the refactored code here in this thread?
Thanks given by:
It would be easier to review and easier to put into the code base if you create a pull request on Github.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2023, 07:23 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: It would be easier to review and easier to put into the code base if you create a pull request on Github.

Thank you for letting me know this.
I will review the contributing guidelines, run the code validation lua script, and then open a pull request for this on GitHub with the changes.
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE
Hello,

Pull request #5503

I refreshed my forked branch, but git is flagging an issue with commit #1eb0c8b.
It appears that appveyor may need to be re-run?
Also, feedback would be welcome for the PR.
Thanks given by: