Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation
I think I've had enough conifers for this weekend, I'll leave them as they are now. Judge for yourselves:
[Image: conifers1.jpg]
[Image: conifers2.jpg]
[Image: conifers3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I saw you got Apple bushes for jungle biomes
http://code.google.com/p/mc-server/source/detail?r=466Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I also have swamp trees with their vines, testing them now and will commit later today, if everything works.

I'll probably leave the trees then, and finish with MarbleCaves, so that I finish the goal of replicating the old terrain generator with the new architecture.
Thanks given by:
sounds greatBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Swamp trees considered finished. The vines were a bit tricky to add, since they require direction in their metas. Here's a sample screenshot of a swamp next to a taiga:
[Image: swamptrees.jpg]
(Note that terrain height is not based on biomes yet, so the swamp is actually on a hillside Wink

I also did some jungle work (but not the big jungle trees, I'll leave that for another day). Here's a sample screenshot of a jungle / forest / taiga / forest fourway borders:
[Image: biometrees.jpg]
(This was done using the checkerboard biome generator)

Now for the marblecaves, and the new generator is ready Smile
Also, I uploaded an up-to-date exe (rev 468) made from the composable_generator branch, go get it at the nightly download page. Same as always, no warranties Smile
Thanks given by:
it looks realy awsome i'm trying it nowBig Grin
is there also an new world.ini file needed?? becouse i can't find the new biomes Sad
Thanks given by:
Photo 
i now found some biomes but it says i am on an dessert hill

i found allot biomes :O
Sky, Frozen river, Hell, River, Swampland, Taiga, Forest, Extreme Hills, Desert, FrozenOcean, Ice Mountains, MushroomIsland, Beach, MushroomIslandShore, Plains, Jungle, JungleHills and Extreme Hills Edge and all of them close to each other.
if you want can i send you an message with the ip of my server Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes, there is no good biome generator yet, just testing ones - either a Constant biome (same biome whole map) or a Checkerboard biome (each biome type gets a square of 64x64 blocks by default, size settable). Also the height generator gives a rat poo about biomes, just like the original MCServer generator. So you can get a mountain in an ocean biome etc. To be fixed later. Right now the important thing is that chunks are generated all in one go and therefore lighting can be finally fixed.
Thanks given by:
and will you change that square trees? in my server (i have sended you an pm with my ip) i have editted one (in minecraft not by changing the code or something) and it looks a bit better Smile
Thanks given by:
Where should i look for the tree? All I've seen is a square of taiga. Also, enable your PMs so that we can take this out of this thread.
Thanks given by: