New minecraft version. (1.15)
That would be more likely due to 1.8 series being really bad. My computer could play 1.7 series perfectly without a hitch, with 1.8 I get bad lags, I cannot even run properly, the client would micro-freeze every second. I thought it was because of LiteLoader + WECUI, but the vanilla client behaves in the same way.
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2015, 06:02 PM)xoft Wrote: That would be more likely due to 1.8 series being really bad. My computer could play 1.7 series perfectly without a hitch, with 1.8 I get bad lags, I cannot even run properly, the client would micro-freeze every second. I thought it was because of LiteLoader + WECUI, but the vanilla client behaves in the same way.

Looking forward until minecraft 1.9 is out and cuberite will be updated with the protocol changes, then we can see how good it runs on client side.

Edit: @xoft Did you tested the latest snapshoot from minecraft?
Thanks given by:
No, I haven't tried 1.9-snapshots yet. I'm using 1.8.8 for normal gameplay and 1.8.1 + LiteLoader + WECUI for Cuberite-related work.
Thanks given by:
I have an old Pentium 4 with a Quadro FX 3500 card. Always get micro-stutters with 1.8.x, but not on any of my newer machines. Could be a driver issue. :/
Thanks given by:
Nice there is a item in the snapshoot named Elytra that allows a player to glide.
Thanks given by:
Minecraft 1.9 is out!
https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-combat-update/
Thanks given by:
dont we already support 1.9 in beta mode? -.- Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid not. Nothing for the 1.9 Minecraft version is implemented yet.
Thanks given by:
Oh my god! End overhaul!
Thanks given by:
Well, this comes as a bit of a surprise, I didn't expect them to have the version ready so early, I was expecting a few more snapshots.

To be honest, I have no idea about how to support the new functionality properly - how to address the fact that the new version has two-hand mode, how to take in that the UI has different number of slots etc. We haven't sorted that out for the previous protocols either and now the decisions are even bigger.
Thanks given by: