http://stackoverflow.com/questions/77245...e-in-cmake

Basically:
Code:
mkdir Release
cd Release
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make
Thanks given by:
I think I'm on the track as to what the linux builds really are. They seem to be a mixture of debug and release - worktycho tried to make it so that the libraries are always compiled in release mode, even in debug builds; but in doing so it seems he broke something in cmake so the build gets confused.
Thanks given by:
Right now I compiled CmakeNonMixed branch and it generates a release build Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice. I'd like a few more verifications that I didn't break anything before I merge it in. I'm still a cmake newbie, so who knows what I've done wrong.
Thanks given by:
cmake can generate the build files into any folder (or subfolder in the source tree), like this:
Code:
mkdir Release
cd Release
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make
This will build in a Release folder inside the source tree; the only thing it will touch outside this folder are the Lua bindings, which it will generate (for *nix).
Thanks given by:
STR_Warrior, just saw AntiX, did you get it working?
Thanks given by:
Yes it's kinda working (in a 10x10 radius). I didn't test it with an X-Ray mod (because I couldn't find one) so I can't say for sure. I also didn't test it performance wise but I expect it to be quite expensive with more people moving.
Thanks given by:
Kinda busy with this thingy ATM:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34983...atest.html
(sorry linux guys, can't build linux version right now, but it will happen)
Long stuff short: it's a racing game with grappling hooks.

Also, remember that ugly thingy about spaceships?
New features:
- Shooting stuff
- Picking up stuff
- Position selection instead of velocity (yep, I agreed that I went retard with this one, though Newton-ish physics is stiff there, simplificated acceleration calculations are still there, now it's just easier for player)
- Yay, heating! Yes, that means that stuff can overheat, and it will transfer heat through modules chains as well.
- Energy balancing. "All power to weapons!" is now legitimate call.
Thanks given by:
Wow really cool!Big Grin
I'd love to have some air control though
Thanks given by:
Ooooh!!! Another postcard just dropped in the snail-mail. So happy, happy happy happyBig Grin
But you people keep forgetting to write a return address, I can't return the favor.
Thanks given by: