Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(01-01-2014, 09:57 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: .. I'm not allowed to have alcohol anymore.... Well I never liked beer or wine anywayTongue

It's still better than champagne D:
Thanks given by:
Trady seems to be rising from ashes, after I fixed Handy. As far as I can tell, trading with virtual currency works. Though, storage is completely broken, and you can create a duplication machine but creating shop and then destroying chestBig Grin
I think I'll work on protections first, then storing shops. After that it's time to check and apply some necromancy to barter mode, and then Trady will live once again.
Thanks given by:
What a crazy day. My ex-girlfriend from Siberia has arrived in town, so I met her and introduced her to my wife. AwkwardTongue But they got along quite well in the end.
Thanks given by:
i know how that feels. My once crazy ex-girlfriend is friends with my wife. It does get rather awkwardTongue
Thanks given by:
Hey,

Just wondering, but what is currently stopping us from, creating a plugin that handles end portals + nether portals ?
If i recall, we are able to create worlds by plugin right ? and are able to check what block the player is on.
Is it that we are unable to "activate" the portals or what exactly?
Thanks given by:
Actually, I wrote a plugin a while ago, called "Portal" which was (with a bit of a headache) capable of creating portals from anywhere to anywhere. Even interdimensional!

I might revive this one as well, and give it some API so another guy (or another version of me, living in a distant future) will come and say "Hey, I can make NetherPortals to work with that!"

But right now I'm kinda busy freaking the hell out of MCS lua VMBig Grin
Maaaan, you built that thing solid. The farthest point it would take me was getting another plugin's metatable and userdata. Not much you can do about it. If only there was a way to assign a metatable to userdata without the actual table itself, or just getting a reference to other plugin's talbe straight awayBig Grin My plans are eeeeeevil. Evil-evil-evil.
Thanks given by:
Hey,

Nice to know that there is a plugin like that,
On another note, once i made a mc classic server, as i found the compression quite slow,
I dug into the code, and changed some code in zlib, i kinda recall what i changed.
I have redone the changes, in mcserver seeing if it also speeds up the compression with mcserver as the file format is different result will be different,

Though i have been testing, but is the best way to test the speed, to generate the map once, delete the world but keep the level and world.ini ?
And then check the speed changes or is there a better way ?
Thanks given by:
ChunkWorx could probably help you with that... Also, MCS will spam chunk generation per second statistic into console log. Just remember to use "regeneration" instead of "generation", so chunks would be generated over the existing ones.
Thanks given by:
I was hoping to do this without logging in at all, as it seems compiling takes a while!
Thanks given by:
Ugh, so much for tolua.setpeer() Sad Couldn't even set custom peer table within one plugin, got server crash. Nice oneBig Grin

I don't really know if it's supposed to be working or not, could it be cut out of API... I don't know anything anymore! Sad
Theoretically, could it be a way to read other plugins' memory zone? Without all the "it would be real bad" and "welcome to deadlocklandia" thinking? Could you think of any reason for it to be in the API?

My thinking was a bit weird (adn eeeeeevil. Evil-evil-evil-evil) - to make a plugin which could've read and write other plugins' global variables without changing their code at all. Mostly, this would help in a way that we could make one plugin which would allow admin to change plugins' settings via web panel, all the plugins, even if they don't support it. "And one plugin to rule them all"Big Grin
Thanks given by: