Random Chitchat 2012-2016
The main problem I can see with AppVayor is their authentication system. In Travis if you have owner status of the github repo you can access the settings. On AppVayor theve got there own auth system which as far as I can tell means the xoft has to create a user for us under his account. If we create a separate account that will have independent builds.
Thanks given by:
STR, they are both there now; I did nothing and AppVeyor already registered everything, it already marked worktycho's PR as failing in MSVC Smile

worktycho, I don't see a major problem there. The only thing I can do that noone else can right now is change the build settings, which shouldn't be needed anyway. And they should have an appveyor.yml file that they read from the repo and obey: http://www.appveyor.com/docs/build-configuration
Thanks given by:
Its just that if appVayor is anything like travis sometimes builds get queued up which are irrelevant (docs changes, PRs that have already been changed) and it can be useful to be able to cancel builds sometimes.

Also builds error occasionally and need restarting. Or master changes and you want to test a PR again to see if it works now. (useful when someone breaks master)
Thanks given by:
AppVeyor doesn't let me cancel builds
Thanks given by:
Temporary folder for Win64 daily builds: http://1drv.ms/1oqd3K4
Thanks given by:
Good job! I guess I should start on getting the proper nightbuild webpage up, so that we can make this official.
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 05:30 PM)tonibm19 Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 04:37 PM)ThuGie Wrote: You can run windows 7 on it, though vista is recommended on that.
Have you troed vista? Windows 7 is 7 times better than vista, but for a bad computer, the best is xp or linux.

I disagree wholly. Windows 8 allows a 5400rpm laptop hard drive to start in 5-6 seconds.
Thanks given by:
Windows 8 was great, but I downgraded to Windows 7 because there was a process that sometimes used 50% of my CPU ;(
Thanks given by:
Try again maybe? There were a fair amount of updates since then.

(05-07-2014, 02:34 AM)xoft Wrote: Minecraft has gone cuckoo. It started showing the "Minecraft Realms" button on the client welcome screen, but when I clicked it, it first said to upgrade my client (I'm using 1.7.2 because WECUI), and then that the Realms are not available in my country. Then why show me the button at all?

They say it has worldwide availability now.
Thanks given by:
I've just found a preprocessor (written in lua) for lua that adds static typing. I'm wondering if I could modify it so that it could output C instead of lua. The we could write the generator in typed lua and compile to C or openCL c or GLSL.
Thanks given by: