Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Yay!Big Grin
Finished my exams and "recovered" my computer!
Thanks given by:
Smile Everyone's done with their exams, we'll have so much new code writtenBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm currently trying to figure out the cubic noise algorithm. What is the algorithm Unoptimised?
Thanks given by:
Also. Is Generate2D functionally equivalent to
Code:
for (int x = 0; x < SizeX; x++)
{
    for (int y = 0; y < SizeY; y++)
    {
           CubicNoise2D(x, y);
    }
}
Thanks given by:
Almost. It has an additional coord scaling into the CubicNoise function, but the principle is the same - generate an array of values:
for (int x = 0; x < SizeX; x++)
{
    double NoiseX = StartX + (EndX - StartX) * x / SizeX;  // Go from StartX to EndX in SizeX steps
    for (int y = 0; y < SizeY; y++)
    {
        double NoiseY = StartY + (EndY - StartY) * y / SizeY;  // Go from StartY to EndY in SizeY steps
        CubicNoise2D(NoiseX, NoiseY);
    }
}
Similarly for a 3D version, it adds another dimension.
Thanks given by:
Okay. I'll use that algorithm for the GPU version. The for loops can be made parallel easily.
Thanks given by:
Jeb finaly showed his new underwater mob: http://instagram.com/p/pYcww-pMHC/# It's going to be in the snapshot today.
Thanks given by:
What's that. Instagram for screenshots now? O.o
Thanks given by:
I just re-did a profiling session of MCS with a single player online. I am pretty surprised.
The chunk generator ran at some ~120 chunks per second, which is more than enough for a regular server.
The world ticking took about 6% of the CPU, which is near to nothing.
Thanks given by:
Is there a cWorld:IsChunkLoaded function? Or just any way I can check if a chunk is loaded.
Thanks given by: