Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(09-06-2014, 02:25 AM)tigerw Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 01:37 AM)SamJBarney Wrote: Sooo...... my computer died on me las night. And I'm not going to be able to work on the Component Rewrite for a while, depending on when I can get a new computer that isn't for work.

The core of the rewrite is almost complete. Would someone mind doing that for me while my computer is out of commission? All that really needs to be done is port the old Passive Agressive and Passive code into components. There is an example of how to do that with the cAIAggressive component.

And just so you know, the Component Rewrite is just the first step. Once I can get everything going again, I'll be working on the Task-based AI and be flushing everything out really well.

Let me know if any of you are willing to take over for a bit

Is it simply moving the old code into a new file? Also, why were all the override specifies commented out?

Its pretty much just moving the old code into the new files. There's still a bit of shuffling to determine what components should do what, but the basics of it are there.

Yeah... I was having trouble with the overrides at one point, so I just globally commented them out. I was just about to comment them all back in when my computer died. It shouldn't be that hard to turn them back. Just do a global find and replace of '/*override*/' with 'override'.

In any case, I got myself a shiny new iMac today, so I will be resuming my work on it all tomorrow.Big Grin

@tigerw, thanks for being willing to help. It feels nice knowing that I wasn't just going to be left to my own devices on this rewrite.
Thanks given by:
Wow. It's rare that there are so many new people on the forum. Most likely due to the fact that bukkit got taken down.
Thanks given by:
Funny bug in the client has resurfaced: If I kick a player in the OnPlayerJoin hook, the client terminates the connection with the "bit cannot be cast to fm" error message. I think I'll ignore this for now, won't be trying to implement a workaround for this.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2014, 05:47 AM)xoft Wrote: Funny bug in the client has resurfaced: If I kick a player in the OnPlayerJoin hook, the client terminates the connection with the "bit cannot be cast to fm" error message. I think I'll ignore this for now, won't be trying to implement a workaround for this.

Just try to make hooks only available after a few seconds of joining. Wouldn't that do the trick?
[EDIT] Or make a new hook called "onPlayerTriesConnection" which triggers before the actual join
Thanks given by:
I'm too incompetent to add the new chunk format.
Can anyone help me?

Currently code: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/tree/1.8-Protocol
Edit: Yeahh! It works!
Thanks given by:
Have anyone a idea if it's possible to modify the ByteBuffer.. something to modify data in it like manipulation?
Thanks given by:
I'm going on a school trip for 3 days starting tomorrow so I might not come online during that time.
Thanks given by:
Okay. Where are you going?
Thanks given by:
Oh shit...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microso...0-6422220/
Hopefully its not true, it could be the end of the minecraft community. First the EULA, then bukkit, and now Microsoft.
Thanks given by:
Please let's not discuss it here. We really don't need a rumor-based flamewar in here.
Thanks given by: