Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(05-02-2015, 09:09 PM)xoft Wrote: I need volunteers. I have changed the CheckBasicStyle.lua script so that it can check individual files and even the files specifically being committed in Git. This comes handy as a git pre-commit hook - whenever you commit to git...

Just a little note, you also gotta chmod +x both the "pre-commit" file and "CheckBasicStyle.lua".

"CheckBasicStyle.lua" should be chmodded in the repo.
Thanks given by:
Okay, so it seems it works. Is there someone good with words who could write a section on this to the Contributing.md file?
Thanks given by:
What is the purpose of the Exclude parameter to the Broadcast functions? Is it used anywhere and can I remove it?
Thanks given by:
The exclude parameters are clienthandle's that shouldn't receive the packets. This is (or was, not sure) because the client could crash if it would receive it while he's the cause or target of the broadcast.
Thanks given by:
So it's needed because of Mojang's brokenness. I'll have to keep the hacks then.
Thanks given by:
Well, usually there is a good reason for an exclude parameter. If you broadcast a "player's item in hand changed" message, it makes no sense to send it to the player who actually changed their item in hand, because they already know. There were a few more of these, but I can't think of any right now Smile
Thanks given by:
Has anyone tried the profile builds recently on linux? They segfault during bindings generation for me.
Thanks given by:
The profile builds have always failed on startup on Linux, I don't think they ever worked.
Thanks given by:
I remember getting them to work at one point.
Thanks given by:
It had to work in the past, because I remember doing some performance analysis on Linux.
Thanks given by: