Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Yesterday I finally got the keys of my new house. Now I need to do a general cleanup; the previous owners had dogs and the house really stinks of them.

I'm moooooving soooon!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Congratulations!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's amazing, congratulationsBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Congrats, xoft!
Thanks given by:
Gratulation! That's German for congratulationsBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I just testes how fat I'm abe to tp me witout major generator bug.
The result is: 10 000 000 000 000 blocks!
after that the client and the server crashed
(something with SymGetLineFromAddr64, can't debug it atm)
Thanks given by:
Maybe it's caused by something like this? http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Far_Lands That would be interesting.
Thanks given by:
LO1ZB, I repeated the test, but only to 10 000 000 000. I jumped immediately there, and minecraft crashed, but the server didn't. However, my computer was running slow, so I checked how much cpu the server was using. It wasn't using any, really. Checked the ram. Cuberite was using over 12 Gigs of ram.
Tried it out to 1 100 000 000, same thing.

The edge where generation stops happening for me and ram starts being eaten up is around 1 073 741 500 on the Z axis, using the command /tp 0 100 1073741500.

Check your ram usage if you can.
Thanks given by:
Cuberite shouldn't have anything like the Far Lands, generator-wise. Of course, entities will glitch the same as in the Java version because of number representation limits - we use the same number precision. But the generator should be okay.
Thanks given by:
I don't think so. As I went further and further out, things started looking weird, just not as weird as Vanilla. And block entities get misplaced, causing block mismatches
Thanks given by: