Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Do some "pen and paper" coding! Smile
Thanks given by:
I got a 10/10 on my graphics assignment! Woot!!
Thanks given by:
Congrats!

I'm going to fix vines today.
Actually, the entire cClientHandle is beginning to bother me. I think blocks should be responsible for how they're handled.
Thanks given by:
If you have an architecture in mind that you think will work better, throw it in for discussion Smile
Thanks given by:
While the colleagues are dozing off their alcohol overdose, I can finally do some work Smile After the whole journey, I terribly need something to clear my mind of those junkies. Give a man a bottle of alcohol, he'll end up drinking four Angry Yuck!

I implemented sign support into Anvil, it was kinda surprise to me that it wasn't done earlier. I was wondering why I had those errors while playing a vanilla-generated world.

I have given up on rewriting the ForEach Lua glue code into templates, since it needs not only types, but also values and even strings. It's just much easier to use #define-s for that, so that's what I'm doing. Sorry, C++, you are too stiff for this, compared to plain old CTongue
Thanks given by:
Aaaand I'm going stupid again trying to fill wiki up-to-date Smile
These are classes that need updating:
cPickup
cPlayer
cPlugin
cPluginManager
cRoot
cServer
cStairs
cStep
cStringMap
cTCPLink
cTorch
cTracer
cWebPlugin
cWorld
CommandStruct
HTTPFormData
HTTPRequest
TakeDamageInfo
Vector3d
Vector3f
Vector3i

Although some of them need just slight styling, it is still good pile of work Smile Hope I'll make it!
Thanks given by:
I think the wiki also needs a section on how to start writing a plugin - that it is a collection of Lua files in a single folder, that it needs an Initialize() function that should register the plugin hooks, etc. To provide a starting point for development. Otherwise it's just a lot of mambo-jumbo without any reasonable place to start for a newbie.
Thanks given by:
Well, I think looking at Core plugin is really nice way to start (that's how I started!), but you're right too and we need some descent tutorials too.
Thanks given by:
(06-16-2012, 07:25 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote: Well, I think looking at Core plugin is really nice way to start (that's how I started!), but you're right too and we need some descent tutorials too.
Try looking at this plugin as a reference: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...69#pid1769

It's pretty simple but as such is perfect as a "hello world"...
Thanks given by:
I was playing with the code a bit and almost managed to get leaves decay working.
Quote:If bit 0x4 is set, the leaves are permanent and will never decay. This bit is set on player-placed leaf blocks and overrides the meaning of bit 0x8.
Works.
Quote:If bit 0x8 is set, the leaves will be checked for decay. The bit will be cleared after the check if the leaves do not decay.
Works.
Quote:The bit will be set again whenever a block adjacent to the leaves is changed.
I have no idea where to implement this. Do I need to make a separate simulator just for setting metadata?

Here is my code: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21041937/leaves.patch
Let me know if I you found any mistakes in the code. I'm still learning how to program.Tongue
Thanks given by: