Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(09-09-2012, 04:54 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Faketruth can you make a new apk? Becouse the Android version now only supports 1.2.5

Even though MCServer is compatible with 1.3.2 now, it still has some major issues apparently that I think should be resolved before I do another Android release. Otherwise it feels so uselessTongue

Also:
Thanks given by:
I've implemented some sounds in 1.3.2 protocol. Steps sound still not implemented, but it would be easier to do with this patch anyway...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29021761/sounds_part1.diff
Thanks given by:
Nice, I will integrate it.
Thanks given by:
I committed the patch (rev 858), but I changed the coords handling - all the specs say that the sound coords are in block coords * 8, so I made all parameters use this "format". Hopefully I didn't break anything - I didn't test the changes other than compiling them.

Also, if the sounds' names are static, consider making the cBlock::GetSoundName() functions' return values const char * instead of an AString, for performance reasons (not creating and copying an object for each step taken).
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
OK, apparently they are using that weird multiplication to improve resolution for entities.
I don't know, but maybe it would be better to use double instead of int as coords parameters? Vanilla server has it done that way.
And right, I will change that AString to const char *.
Thanks given by:
Using doubles for coords is not too good an idea, it hurts the platforms withou hw fpu. Just keep it in the weird ints Smile
Thanks given by:
Accidents happen...
[Image: head_plank.png]
Probably a bad slot number translation.
Thanks given by:
maybe can someone make a plugin that you can place all the blocks on you head Smile
Thanks given by:
I think the client actually doesn't permit the player to put those blocks into the helmet slot, without even asking the server. So you'd need a different way than directly placing blocks in the inventory window. Probably with a command, and that should be completely doable (though most likely impractical)
Thanks given by: