Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Gcc is just sooo picky about the sources. I spent a nice hour trying to figure out how to use the std::min() function on a static const int "variable".
Thanks given by:
lols, then why not use a define? Should be faster as well
Thanks given by:
#defines are not scopable. And there's no difference in speed - both are optimized into constants. Enum and member consts just seem neater.
Thanks given by:
No I meant for std::min() define a min function
Thanks given by:
(09-27-2012, 12:04 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Apparently the client does not send the metadata/health along with window clicks and MCServer does compare it and thinks it's out of sync when it's not the same item

I have to clear Mojang's name here, this was my fault - the 1.3.2 protocol silently dropped the item metadata, always using zero. Fixed in rev 976.
There's already ton of defines and functions with this name - windows.h defines one, std has another, I think MCServer has yet another somewhere. Too much garbage. And actually the templated version sometimes does optimize better, so I'd like to use that in all places.
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2012, 03:54 AM)xoft Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 12:04 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Apparently the client does not send the metadata/health along with window clicks and MCServer does compare it and thinks it's out of sync when it's not the same item
I have to clear Mojang's name here, this was my fault - the 1.3.2 protocol silently dropped the item metadata, always using zero. Fixed in rev 976
I strongly believe that somehow, some way it's still Mojang's faultBig Grin
Thanks given by:
[Image: vlTgdXFrmCrFYYNP_PqrTJsG3xCXn7BSlXg7Z76z..._gYqY=w705]
:D
Thanks given by:
Nice Smile I think I'll drain my battery for a while Smile
The cube movement is a little bit "boring". I'd try making them stop for a while when they hit the ground with their face - this would create a real notion of "marching".
Accidentally, have you played Bloxorz? Cool game, and has exactly the marching animation Smile
http://www.bloxorz.org.uk/
Thanks given by:
I think the Floody water simulator is good enough for now, I'm gonna go revisit the wormnestcaves generator. I think I have an idea for making it run faster, plus I need to fix it drilling through water and trees and stuff.
Thanks given by:
wow coolBig Grin i'm also happy that MCS now has a much better fluid simulator. Smile and everyday MCS gets more customizableBig Grin no other server is this customizableBig Grin
Thanks given by: