Random Chitchat 2012-2016
it wont happen if i can't even get the OnKilling hook called ;O
Thanks given by:
I've just found out that the anvil world storage is broken - it seems erratic, but it usually doesn't save chunk [*, 0] in the file. Or rather, it saves the chunk and then suddenly the chunk's not there again. Something keeps messing up the header. I'm not sure if it's my current code modifications, or it's been there for some time now.

Oh, it's not MCServer's fault as such, it saves the data ok, but whenever I run NBTExplorer on the file, it silently drops some chunks out, rewriting the file header. WTF??
Thanks given by:
ok i now know why the OnKilling didn't work... i didn't see that it was already there Wink. i finished the Hardcore but Minecraft crashes when you die while MCServer is in Hardcore mode. propably becouse you get kicked while you get the respawn button or something.
EDIT: you can find the settings in the Settings.ini in
Quote:[Gamemode]
Hardcore=false
you might want to change the [Gamemode] becouse i don't realy think its a fitting name but i could not think about something better. ;S

Attached Files
.zip   Core.zip (Size: 23.25 KB / Downloads: 203)
Thanks given by:
Is it not working correctly?
Thanks given by:
I haven't had the time to test it. Also, it feels a bit wrong to have server settings along with Core settings in a single file. Does the Core have more settings than this one? If so, how about splitting it away into a separate file, core.ini?
Thanks given by:
i think the only one more is the ShowPluginNames. shall i implent that in core.ini?
Thanks given by:
ShowPluginNames is no longer used, since the /help command has been rewritten for the new command binding.
Thanks given by:
but ShowPluginNames is not for /help but for /pluginlist '_'
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 06:46 AM)xoft Wrote: ... but whenever I run NBTExplorer on the file, it silently drops some chunks out, ...

The NBTExplorer author was really helpful and provided a fix for his program, pointing out that MCA support is somewhat bugged in MCServer, too:

Vanilla minecraft pads the file to be a multiple of 4 KiB in length. MCServer doesn't. Minecraft accepts such files, but some tools needn't.
Thanks given by:
i'm currently working on something that is usefull for the android version of MCServer but i can't figure out how ChunkDesc:FillBlocks() works. I am working on something so you can limit the world that it no longer generates new chunks if you passed a configurable amount of blocks but ChunkDesc:FillBlocks(0, 0) doesn't fill the chunk with air blocks.
Thanks given by: