Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Yup, the crash is confirmed and should be fixed in rev 1483. I managed to swap the logging parameters, so it was trying to read a string out of a number.

(05-16-2013, 12:50 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Is there a way to see if a block is transparant or not? just like ItemCategory.

The C++ code uses tables defined in BlockID.h for these properties:
NIBBLETYPE g_BlockLightValue[256];
NIBBLETYPE g_BlockSpreadLightFalloff[256];
bool       g_BlockTransparent[256];
bool       g_BlockOneHitDig[256];
bool       g_BlockPistonBreakable[256];
bool       g_BlockIsSnowable[256];
bool       g_BlockRequiresSpecialTool[256];
bool       g_BlockIsSolid[256];
These are not accessible in Lua, but it would be a good idea to export them, so if you want, add a few functions to the ItemCategory and export them.
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2013, 12:53 AM)xoft Wrote: Yup, the crash is confirmed and should be fixed in rev 1483. I managed to swap the logging parameters, so it was trying to read a string out of a number.
And what about irresponsive pickups?
Thanks given by:
No idea about them. And you haven't sent your plugins to me, yet.
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2013, 04:37 AM)xoft Wrote: No idea about them. And you haven't sent your plugins to me, yet.
Enabled plugins uploaded,

Attached Files
.zip   plugins.zip (Size: 122.77 KB / Downloads: 160)
Thanks given by:
Even with the plugins, the pickups work normally for me.
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2013, 05:58 AM)xoft Wrote: Even with the plugins, the pickups work normally for me.
Put the player .json I uploaded into players and add tonibm to Admins group. Then connect to your server with tonibm and in survial try to take pickups.
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2013, 06:39 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: thanks it works Wink but now I get this error: LUA: attempt to call a number value
Btw i am not going to commit it until Keyboard is finished with the TNT stuff (or if you don't want it OR it doesn't even work Wink )

ok i have a crashdump, logs etc: http://www.mediafire.com/?sdjrs9a2krdr2ct

Yeah, I am thinking to move all of the explosion-related stuff to a class of its own so that it will be all together.
Thanks given by:
I'm installing CentOS into virtualbox, so that I can try out the pickup problems.
Thanks given by:
Well Centos 6.4 sure is difficult to set up, for a Linux noob like myself. Took me an hour to google up why the network isn't working. Now I have it running and managed to compile MCS, but for the life of me cannot configure all the network NATing and bridging to allow me to connect to the MCS instance from a remote computer. So it'll need to wait till I come back home.
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2013, 06:13 PM)xoft Wrote: I'm installing CentOS into virtualbox, so that I can try out the pickup problems.
If you want, I can tell you how to get a free linux VPS. The VPS I have is from host1free, for 0$

If you got a linux vps, you would be able to do crashdumps, see the MCServer linux errors (like crashes, my server almost everyday crashes). I hope you want one. If you get one, it would help you to fix some bugs and crashes. Also, you would be able to have the MCServer test server 24/7.

Also, I can lend you one of my VPS (for free). I'm multiaccount and I have 2Tongue. I hardly ever use it. Maybe Host1free close my account for never use the VPS.
Thanks given by: