some notes
i'm so sorry for the late reply Sad i didn't know there was a comment that was for me :S
i get an error when i try to use the Privile_run.cmd    
Thanks given by:
i added pause at the end becouse otherwise i could not see the error :S
Thanks given by:
Did you install the MS Standalone Profiler? Or do you have a 64-bit system? Or did you rename your Program Files to something else?
The errors report that the MS Standalone Profiler wasn't found at the specified path. Try to have a look around if you can find it yourself:
The default installation path is "c:\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools"
On 64-bit systems, it could also be "c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools"
In any case, there should be a "vsperfcmd.exe" in that location. If you find it, modify the profile_run.cmd script (using notepad or any other text editor; right-clicking the file should present an "Edit" command) where it says
Code:
set pt="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools"
The path there should match the location you where found your vsperfcmd.exe
Then try to run the script again.
Thanks given by:
i have a 64-bit system but i installed the MS Standalone Profiler 64-bit version
oh it was installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools
but now the error is:
Quote:Copyright © Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Error VSP1398 : The monitor was unable to start the VS performance driver. Acce
ss is denied. Consider using the /Admin:Driver,Start and /Admin:Security options
of VSPerfCmd from an elevated environment. Profiling cannot continue.
Error VSP1341 : Could not start logging engine. Shutting down.
Error VSP1394 : Could not start profile monitor

G:\MCServer\mcserver_win_593_profiled>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual S
tudio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools"\vsperfcmd /launch:"mcserver.exe"
Microsoft ® VSPerf Command Version 9.0.30729 x86
Copyright © Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Error VSP1335 : Could not launch mcserver.exe. Profile Monitor does not appear t
o be running.

G:\MCServer\mcserver_win_593_profiled>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual S
tudio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools"\vsperfcmd /shutdown
Microsoft ® VSPerf Command Version 9.0.30729 x86
Copyright © Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Error VSP1306 : Profile Monitor does not appear to be running.

G:\MCServer\mcserver_win_593_profiled>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
Thanks given by:
Well, it says it needs to run as admin, so you either need to run it as an administrator, or disable UAC (temporarily) on your system. Sorry I can't be of more help here, I'm on XP, UAC-less and happy Wink

I think that if you create a shortcut to the script, you can set the shortcut's properties to run it as administrator. Not sure, though.
Thanks given by:
what is UAC?? :S
Thanks given by:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uac
You seem to know enough to edit script files, but you don't know what UAC is?
Thanks given by:
nope xD
Thanks given by:
Any progress here? Did you manage to turn off UAC and run the profile server?
Thanks given by:
nope Sad
Thanks given by: