Making change to a submodule
Hi.

So, I've decided to try and fix that nasty "wheater" typo in the MCSever's console --help message. (It's a exercise for me, so I don't care if it's been fixed or not.) It ends up the information is stored in MCServer/plugins/core/console.lua , which is in a submodule.

Is that submodule a part of the MCServer that I can edit? If so, how do I local commit and push request the typo fix? Thanks!
Thanks given by:
The easiest way to work with it is to fork Core on GitHub, then
Code:
git remote add my-fork (your URL here)
then commit, push to my-fork and Pull Request. Then you're all done Smile

(You do need to update the submodule manually for everybody else - just pull from origin, then go to the root directory for MCServer and commit it as if it was a file. You don't need to worry about this as people can do it later, just for timing.)
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 12:47 AM)bearbin Wrote: The easiest way to work with it is to fork Core on GitHub, then
Code:
git remote add my-fork (your URL here)
then commit, push to my-fork and Pull Request. Then you're all done Smile

(You do need to update the submodule manually for everybody else - just pull from origin, then go to the root directory for MCServer and commit it as if it was a file. You don't need to worry about this as people can do it later, just for timing.)

Yes! Sent my first pull-request, hopefully it's done right.
Speaking of pulling, is there some kind of glitch with pulling right now? I'd had issues with pulling my fork right now and I can't get any definitive answers via google search. But now it seems to have resolved itself. Something about a username/password error?
Thanks given by:
IDK, maybe you typed your password in wrong or GitHub derped?
Thanks given by:
No, it was a glitch. I downgraded and it's working fine now.
Thanks given by: